Chapter 8

On the way, the car's tyre punctured, so Vritika got down with the things to change the tyre while Darsh was standing there helping her.
A car passed by, and stopped.

"Don't you think hume unki madad karni chahiye?"
(Don't you think that we should help them?)

"She's capable of doing it, but I guess we should go!"

They both got out the car and went towards them.

"Hey aap dono ko koi help chahiye?"
(Hey you both need any help?)

"Nahi woh di..."
(No..di..)

Vritika cut Darsh's sentence.

"Darsh unse keh de ki koi help nahi chahiye Hume, hum kar lenge!"
(Darsh tell them that we don't need any help! We can help ourselves!)

Both the men heard this and sighed.

"Chal Veer.."
(Let's go Veer..)

They were about to go when Vivaan stopped for a sec and looked at the girl who was fixing the tyre, he couldn't see her face as her hair strands were hiding her face, but he felt some kind of attraction towards her. They were about to leave but stood their listening their conversation.

"Darsh.. tu bhi seekh le yeh sab.. abh se shayad tujhe hi yeh karna pare!"
(Darsh.. you also learn all these.. from now onwards maybe you have to do all these things!)

"Dii... har baar shaadi ka topic laana zaruri hai?"
(Di.. why you need to bring the marriage topic?)

"Abh jab ho hi Rahi hai toh taalna kyu?aur waise bhi... main toh chali jaaungi.. aur galti se bhi agar Mera pati aur sasural Wale acche nikal Gaye toh help karne aati rahungi!"
(Now it's going to happen... and also.. I will leave this place... and if by any chance my husband and my in laws are of good behaviour then I'll always help you!)

"Yaar di.. aise mat bolo please..."
(Dii.. don't say like that..)

Vivaan was serious after hearing this. He went back to his car.

"Bhai.. main soch rha tha.. humari bhabi bhi agar aisi hi nikli toh?"
(Bro.. I was wondering.. what if our sister in law turns out to be like her?)

"Zyada dimaag ke ghore mat daura!"
(Don't use your brain too much!)

"Aur ek baat bata! Yeh ajeeb nahi hai? Woh jaanti Tak nahi hai ki uska pati kaun hai kis family mein jaane wali hai.. aur shaadi kar rhi hai.."
(And tell me one thing! Is it not weird? She doesn't know who she's gonna marry or in which family she'll go to but she's up for this marriage..)

"Aapke saath bhi toh yehi ho Raha hai na Bhai.. aap bhi toh nahi jaante ki aapki shaadi kisse ho rahi hai!"
(You are also facing the same bro.. you also don't know who you are gonna marry!)

Vivaan drove from there with a serious look while Vritika went to her home after fixing the tyre. As she entered, she saw her family was happily gossiping with the Malhotras. Vibhuti saw her.

"Beta Teri shaadi ki date fix ho gayi hai!"
(Dear.. your date's been fixed!)

Vritika smiled and took blessings from all of them. As she came near Mr Malhotra, she bent to take the blessings, while Aditya touched her head and then dragged his hands towards her arm.

"Khush hu apne bete ko acchi Bahu mil rhi hai!"
(Happy for my son to get a good wife!)

Vritika smiled awkwardly as she sensed a weird feeling when he did that.
.
.
It was the engagement day today, everyone was busy with the decorations while Darsh was busy helping Vritika out with her outfit.