chapter nine - damsel

Dressed in long robes covering their heads, they are taller than any average human. Slowly descending the grand hallway, you get a better image of their appearance. Underneath their gowns, they carry the head of a roach and the body of a bear. They tower over the both of you.

With the rifles in arms this time, you and Leon both fire at the hooded figures.

Yet they won't budge. It's like firing into a fleshy wall. They can't be stopped. More tyrants.

"It's no use. We have to go!" Leon shouts, and you turn to follow him to the exit that leads to the ballroom.

Suddenly, your knees buckle, and the sharp pain comes back, like striking the earth with lightning. You groan as the pain intensifies, causing your entire body to tremble while the world spins. You have no control over it. You're falling, and you can't help it.

Leon comes quickly to your aid, but he, too, is infected by the unbearable pain of the virus. It presents itself in both of your bodies. You both whine in agony as the ringing and throbbing misery won't stop.

The figures now circle, seizing their opportunity.

You can't fight back. You can't reach for anything to use against them.

Leon, with a will more mighty than your own, still aims his handgun right at them and fires.

Everything goes downhill. You were so close. So close to getting medicine. Close to ending all of this.

Why...why can't I fight back? I can't...move...wait...Leon...

"Let her go!" Leon growls as he struggles in the restraints of the other two who hold him down.

There is nothing either of you can do. They captured you. Leaving you for their desire.

As for Leon, he's left empty-handed. No girl. No return. He can't stop, or you will die. Not only you but the entire world as well. He won't let that happen. Not on his watch. He will risk everything to get you back, even his very own life, if there is a choice. He has to, or everything he has fought for will go down with you. His determination and anger had built up within him, and he grabbed his knife to make his skillful escape. Yet, when he turns over, the figures vanish into thin air. Once again, he's alone. No remnants of your existence are left beside your assault rifle, and he despises the feeling of you not being by his side. He has to keep fighting. He must.

"Hang in there, Y/n. I'm coming."

...

"Let me go! Let me go you shits!" You cry. While your body slowly returns to normal, you squirm under their tight grip. No matter how hard you fight, they won't let you go. You grab your knife that is still attached to your leg and stab them, but nothing. Nothing you can do is of any aid. You have no choice but to ride it out until they let you go.

As they take you through the castle grounds, you memorize the direction they take you, but something catches in the corner of your eye.

Was...was that a woman? In the sky?

You shook off the thought.

Finally, you reach a large and thick brass door leading into a grand room once again covered in wealth. This time, it's more intricate than the rest, with red curtains and royal carpet leading to a single chair fit for a royal.

The throne room.

They drop you down, and your body slams onto the marble floor.