chapter seventeen - nightmare

Where did this sense of confidence come from?

He bites his lip and chuckles from the reminder of the words he said to you.

"I'm not used to seeing you this happy." you point out, enjoying his smile and optimistic behavior.

"What do you mean?" he responds innocently.

"You always have an angry...scowl look..." you tease and try to imitate it. Instead of feeling offended, Leon laughed because he knew it was true.

"You're cute when you try to be serious," he says, and you blush at his comment, stunned as he stares intently at you. "It's probably because of you."

You have no idea what to do with that...

Say something!

"Because of me?" you reply, flustered, and it's getting hard to breathe.

"I haven't smiled this much in a very long time." he declares.

I wasn't expecting that...

"You're nervous." he points out, noticing your odd behavior.

You couldn't even process your feelings besides your face burning from the inside.

"Do I make you nervous?" He asks you.

His tone was almost sultrier.

"H-How do you know?" you chuckle nervously and ignore his question.

"When you're nervous, your eyebrows raise, and you look like you're going to faint." he describes.

You can remember at least a handful of nervous times in these past 24 hours around him. By now, he's pretty familiar with the picture.

If you could stop being so goddam good-looking, maybe I wouldn't be nervous!!

"What's wrong?" he finally asks.

"I...I can't...tell you..." you stutter and attempt to hide your face by not looking at him.

"Y/n...talk to me," he says gently.

You look up into his ocean eyes and can't help but sink into them.

"Don't you know why?" you mumble, and your face saddens.

He scrutinizes your face with furrowed brows as your breath grows heavier.

You lean in closer, and his eyes remain on you...

"Leon..." you mutter, wanting, with every inch of your being, to kiss him. For him to pull you closer and never let go. So this time, you didn't hesitate.

Fuck it.

You lean closer until your nose hits against his face, waiting for his reaction. He doesn't move. Taking the sign, you place your lips against his as gently as possible. Shivers go down your entire body with the touch of him.

You wanted him to give in, but testing the waters was your safest bet.

To indeed find out what you mean to him.

The last time he kissed someone, they ended up betraying him. But Leon knew you weren't like that. You didn't want to play games with him. You saw no point, too. You're the type of person who will be loyal and give it your all to be with someone who loves you. And he knew that...

You've shown him more care these past several hours than anyone else has.

"Y/n..." Leon grunts as he pulls away from you slightly. Taking the hint, you pull away, watching his face scrunch in misery.