chapter eleven - parasite

Everything you hoped for was lost within an instant. There was an ache in your heart that couldn't be explained. Death was knocking on your door, and you contemplated whether to let him in. You wanted to lash out and scream, but your body didn't allow you to. You've been bottling these emotions for too long, and for the first time, you began to cry. The ability to stay strong, mainly for yourself, could be no longer manageable.

Guilt and, finally, fear consumed you once more.

You wanted this to end. The pain. The suffering and disappointment. The loss. The fighting. You were done. Your only saving grace was gone, and you didn't know what else to do.

He's dead. Taken away from me. And it's all my fault. He's dead because I got captured. He died because of me.

You remained motionless as they carried you through the massive castle. Your vision was going out of focus. They took all of your weapons and left you with nothing.

Everything you fought for was gone.

Salazar's servants take you, with your arms tied behind your back, to the other side of the clock tower.

It struck, and you counted the rings. 2. It's long past midnight now. No wonder, with every step, you felt you wanted to collapse. Your limbs felt weak.

Or maybe it's whatever was in that drink...

With Salazar leading the way, his servants opened another massive brass door that served as a passageway to a gate that led to the outside.

"My child...don't fret...this...is just the beginning."

Saddler...stay out...of my head...

They pushed you along and dropped you at the foot of the steps.

You saw a tall, broad figure ahead of you. For a moment, you felt hopeful, but you were utterly disappointed.

You...

You felt your body twitch angrily, digging your nails into your palms. Right in front of you was the man who kidnapped you from your home. The man that put you into this mess.

"Ah, my dear friend Krauser! As you can see, I have delivered the girl...as promised." Salazar says menacingly, picking up your face to show the man. You quickly turn away from his papery hands but can't keep your head up because every movement feels like a thousand knives stabbing into every muscle in your body simultaneously. "Do tell our Lord, do not forget the loyalty of his servant, Ramón." he bows.

Krausr squats down, takes your arms, and lifts you over his shoulders to carry you out of the castle.

Abruptly, like a whisper said during a storm, was a voice calling your name.

"Leon," you mumble. You slightly open your eyes and can see his all too familiar figure in the distance, and then it disappears as if he were a ghost—a ghost in your head to haunt you.

I'm imagining him now...

"You are alone child...your body is now to our maker."

The ache all over your body is unbearable. The next thing you can remember is the ocean hitting against a boat. The crips air hitting your face. Then, the closing of a metal gate.

Every time you opened your eyes, images of the living dead haunted your very being. You were going insane. The plagas had utterly taken control over your mind and body.

You could still hear Leon's voice calling your name, calling for you to wake up. To wake up from this nightmare. Yet, it still felt like a cry from far away. It was distant. Faint within these thick walls of darkness surrounding you.