part seven- the news

Bella's POV
We pulled up to Max's house and went inside. I'm sooo happy to finally be out of that baby seat and be treated like the teenager I am. I hope we play truth or dare!!
Max -who wants a beer?
Everyone said yes enthusiastically
Henry- Bella you can't have one.
Bella- What? Why not?
Henry- Well because..
Bella- See you can't even think of a reason! I'm having one
Henry- NO. You just can't.
He says forcefully. I decide to listen to him but I'm not sure why.

Henry's POV:
She's so small and beautiful. I want to protect her. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I kind of have a reputation for using girls for their bodies. I would never do that to Bella. She's different. So quiet and innocent. I can't stop thinking about that night.

Helena- Guys let's watch a movie.
Everyone- Sounds Good

*Time Skip*

Bella fell asleep during the first five minutes of the movie. When it was over we all went home. Me and Helena decided it was better to not wake her up so we carried her to the car. When we got home we put her in bed.

Bella's POV:
I yawn and stretch my eyes. Where am I? I look around and see that I'm back at Helena's in her bed. I throw on a sweatshirt and head downstairs.
Wait what's going on?! I see Helena and Henry talking to the police at the door. Helena's crying and Henry looks really mad. I go up to them.
Bella- What's going on?
They all look at me with sympathy in their eyes. What is happening?!!! One of the cops starts to speak.
Cop 1- Are you Bella?
Bella- Yes officer.
Cop 2:- Ma'am your parents have just been in a car accident.
I just stared at him. My parents? A car accident? Huh?
Bella- Oh. Um are they okay?
I manage to get out.
Cop 2- I'm so sorry but they didn't make it.
Wait. Does he mean they died? I look around confused, stunned, and upset.
Helena- I'm so sorry Bells.
Henry doesn't say anything he just looks down and shakes his head.
Cop 1- I'm so sorry folks. We can explain what happens next now. Bella will be going into the foster care system and-
Henry- No. She. Will. Not. She is staying here.
Cop 1- I understand that you care about her sir but she will need a legal guardian over 18 to take custody.
Bella- I have a cousin who might. Can I call her?
Cop 2- Yes. Take your time. We'll be going back to the station now, but here's who you call when you figure everything out.
And then they left. The strangers who just told me that my parents died just left. Helena goes to hug me but I step away.
Helena- I know this is hard for you, but your parents were awful they kicked you out! They wouldn't be around dead or alive!
What Helena was saying seemed logical but I just wanted to be alone. So I walked upstairs, got in bed, and cried and cried and cried until I fell asleep.