part 8- bella's cousin

Bella's POV:
I lay in bed and I cried and cried and cried. Could my life be any worse? Not only am I an unlovable baby but now i'm an orphan too. Henry didn't mean it he doesn't want me to stay here. I don't even know Olivia (my cousin). How can I call her and tell her she needs to ADOPT me? Maybe I'd be better off in foster care. Or maybe out homeless on the street. Yeah that's where I belong. I don't deserve a home, or a family, or friends. I should be all by myself. In fact, I'll leave tomorrow.

*Knock Knock*
Did I fall asleep?
Bella- Come in. Oh it's you.
Of course Henry had to walk in.
Henry- God Bella I don't even know what to say right now.
He was choking up. He sounded like he was about to cry. He started coming towards me.
Bella- Look Henry I know you want to be nice and you feel like you have to do this, but I promise I'll stop annoying you soon.
Henry- What are you talking about?
Bella- I'm leaving. Tomorrow.
Henry- No you're not. You have nowhere to go.
Bella- I'll figure it out.
He sat down next to me and cupped my face with one of his hands and wiped my tears with the other.
Henry- I don't want you to leave sweet girl. It would break my heart if you left. Helena's too.
Bella- You're lying.
Henry- I swear I'm not. Come on I'll help you call your cousin. That way you can stay here with us forever, or at least until college.
I just nodded and started crying again. How could they want me here? How could he still like me after that night during the storm? He probably thinks I'm a freak.

Henry's POV:
My parents will be home tomorrow. I have to call them.
*ring ring*
Maria (Henry and Helena's mom)-Hi honey. Is everything alright?
Henry- Yes and No.
Maria- Explain?
Henry- We're all okay but Bella has been here all weekend.
Maria- Why is that a problem?
Henry- Well on Friday her parents kicked her out.
Maria- Oh no! That's terrible!
Henry- Also uh they got into a car accident last night.
Maria- Oh my. The poor thing. She can stay with us for as long as she needs.
Henry- Thank you so much mom!

I hung up and went to find Bella. We had to call her cousin. Once Olivia had custody Bella could stay with us. I just want her to feel better.
Helena- Hey Henry.
Henry- Hey. I'm gonna help Bella call her cousin.
Helena- I can't believe she's going through all this. Did you tell her she can stay with us?
Henry- Yeah.
Helena- Good. I can't imagine her going with some stranger.

Bella's POV:
Henry- Okay let's do this.
I nodded and dialed the number.
Olivia- Hello. Who is this?
Bella- It's me Bella uh your younger cousin.
Olivia- Bella! Oh my gosh! Hi!
Bella- Hi I really want to catch up, but we need to talk about something serious.
Olivia- Of course. What's up?
Bella- I know you and my parents don't talk anymore so you don't know this, but last night they were in a car accident.. and they didn't make it.
Olivia- I'm so sorry Bella.
Bella- Thank you.
Olivia- Is there anything I can do?
Bella- Yes, actually. I know this is a huge ask and you'll probably say no but would you be willing to take custody of me? I would live where i'm staying now with friends, but legally you would be my guardian.
Olivia- Wow, that's a lot. But of course I will. I miss you so much and I can't stand the thought of you being taken away from your friends and family. Meet me tomorrow at the cafe  we used to go to. I'll call my lawyer.

I can't believe it. She's going to be my legal guardian. She's only 25 so she doesn't have kids of her own yet, not that I would be her kid. She's like an older sister to me. I am so relieved and so so grateful. My thoughts are interrupted by Henry.
Henry- This is so wonderful! I'll have you right here. Not that I want that or anything.
We both laugh softly.
Bella- Could I maybe stay in your room tonight?
Henry- Of course Belly.

Henry's POV:
I cannot believe i'm falling for her. How is she so perfect? Kind and shy and sweet. Obviously very beautiful. I just want to protect her which is why i'm glad she's staying here. I'm so angry at her parents. They beat her and hurt her and make her life hell and then they take the easy way out and die. They'll never see what an amazing person their daughter became even though she was raised in a household like that. They'll never have to regret everything they did to her. They'll never go to court or have to do anything difficult. Dying was selfish.
*soft knocking*
There's my angel. I open the door and see Bella holding her stuffed bunny up against her. So adorable.
Henry- I've been waiting for you.
Bella- Sorry I took so long.
Poor thing actually looks guilty.
Henry- You're worth every wait princess. Come on.
I offer her my hand and she grabs onto it. I lead her to my bed and we get under the covers.
Bella- Could I maybe ask you a question?
Henry- Don't be shy ask away.
Bella- Do you l..like me?
I start to laugh. Of course I like her! Oh no. She looks like she's about to cry.
Bella- Oh uh never mind. I guess I was wrong.
Henry- No no baby girl i'm laughing because you're so not wrong.  I like you so much! Now I have a question.
Bella- What is it?
Henry- Do you like me?
Bella- Maybe a littleee.
Henry- Oh really? Just a little?
I start to tickle her and she starts giggling and batting my hands away.
Bella- Ok ok!! A lot! Henry stopppp.
She whines. I finally let go and I hold her up next to me. Soon I hear soft snores and I fall asleep too.