Free: Cole

Reader is the Elemental master of Wind. After Morro's... death? The power found its new host in you. You are not related to Morro.
Cole has offered to help you with your Elemental Dragon. This time together sparks a fire of something more than friendship between you two.
Enjoy!
——————————————•—————————————
Finding out you're the master of Wind seems like it would be exiting! And it is.... until I learned it comes with my own dragon.

"I can't do this." I breathed, watching the large dragon appear in front of me. Its scales were a misty white that faded into the air. Its eye a cerulean blue.

"Yes you can." The voice of the Earth Elemental came from behind me.

I turned around to spot the Black Ninja, Cole. His dark hair and Chocolate brown eyes, smiling softly.
"There not as scary up close."

I gulped and turned back around to the dragon. I slowly walked closer. The dragons gaze never left me. It had a calm demeanor around it. Its eyes looked.....kind.

Cole walks up next to me and sets his hand on the dragons muzzle, encouraging me to do the same. I cautiously rest my hand next to his. The dragons scales are warm yet cold at the same time. A soft purr escaping the great beast as it closes its eyes and leans more into our hands.

A giggle forms in my throat as I watch the creature slowly look less and less threatening. Its tail sways behind it like a dog wagging its tail. A word forms in my head.

".....Gale....."

"Huh?" Cole questions.

"I think that's her name... Gale"

He nods with a smile. "That's a perfect name."

"Are you ready to ride?" Cole asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. He notices my hesitation and smiles, setting his hand over mine on the dragons muzzle. "I'll be with you the whole time."

I sigh and move to stand next to the dragon. Gale lowers herself closer to the ground, allowing easier access to the saddle. I grab the chain like reins and climb up first sitting in the saddle. Cole joins, sitting just behind me. He wraps his arms around my middle and grabs the reins, setting his hands over mine again. I feel my face heat up.

"When you're ready just squeeze your thighs."

"And what if I fall?" I question, my nerves visible

"You won't. Not while I'm your saddle belt." He squeezes my middle with his arms.

I nod and do as he said.

Gale crouches down for a moment, opening her wings. The next moment she launches herself into the air. The wind blows past us with such force my back slides deeper into Coles chest. His arms around me tightened, keeping me on the saddle.

Once Gale levels out, high in the sky, the wind settles slightly. Cole takes this time to speak. "To go down loosen the chain, to go up pull back." He yells over the wind. "To speed up lean forward, to stop lean back."

"Got it!" I yell over my shoulder. My hold on the reins turns into a white knuckle grip.

Cole has me practice the different moves with Gale for a while. Soon I am confident and comfortable flying.

"I think you're ready to fly on your own!"

"What?! What do you mean?" I yell, looking over my shoulder.

Coles face has a mischievous smirk. He lets go of the chain and tilts his body to the side. He slides off earning a scream of his name from me. "COLE!"

The next moment another Dragons roar is heard. A dark dragon slightly larger then Gale shoots up next to us with a certain Black Ninja on top.

"Cole?! You- I can't believe you did that!" I yell at the boy.

He only shrugs with a chuckle. I feel Gale purr from beneath me. Her head turned to the Earth Dragon. The Dragon returns her gaze. I look up to see Cole staring at me with admiration. I blush and turn forward again, aware of how his gaze still lingers.

I clear my throat and turn back to the Ninja. "Race ya!" I shout before leaning forward encouraging Gale to speed up.

I hear Coles shout of protest behind me but I only laugh. The Dragons continue to fly around each other as we sore through the clouds. Laughter escaping both Cole and I.

Soon the dragons level out again. Gliding next to each other. There wings just inches apart.

"Thank you for teaching me Cole, I understand why you like flying so much. I feel so....."

"Free." Cole finishes.

I smile over at him and he returns one. His eyes shining with joy and affection.

I don't know if I ever will build the courage to tell him how I feel. But I am glad I took the courage to be here with him. To feel like nothing can touch us.

To feel...Free.