001

I sat on my bed, impatiently awaiting the call about a movie I had auditioned for last week.

The movie sounded amazing, it was called Operation Youth and I didn't know much about it other than it involved a group of kids and the presidents daughter running from the government or something like that.

The audition was last Tuesday and they said we'd get a call this week on Friday, and it was finally Friday. I frantically paced my room when I heard my phone ding.

 I frantically paced my room when I heard my phone ding

Hey! Did they call abt your audition yet?

No :(
I think they will soon tho.

I'm sure you got it, there's no way you didn't.

Aww you're so sweet. Thank you 💕
Anyways, how are you?

I'm good. Wish I was back in California so we could hangout but we still have a few more days left with press and stuff 🙄

I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out.

Making me blush! I'm excited but I need it to wrap up already.

Omg we have to go see it together and dress up and we can post all about it!!

Oh for sure

I sat my phone back on my bed and went downstairs to get a snack because I'd hardly eaten when my phone rang.

"Oh shit." I scrambled up the stairs and ran into my room, grabbing my phone as fast as possible.

"Hello, is this Olive Saldana?"

"Yes this is she." I put her on speaker and tucked my hair back, catching my breath.

"Great! You auditioned for us a few weeks ago and I was just calling to follow up. Is now a good time?"

"Yes ma'am, now is fine."

"Okay, I just wanted to tell you that we were extremely impressed and Mr. Speilberg said that you were, without a doubt, the perfect choice. So congratulations! You got the role!"

"Oh my gosh!" I jumped up and down on my bed.

She chuckled on the other side of the phone. "I'm glad you're excited, we're so happy to have you."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I rambled.

"It's my pleasure," she said. "Now we're going to finish sharing the news and we'll send a Zoom link for the cast and that's where you'll get all the information and the cast list will be sent as well."