009

I don't think I've ever put so much effort into my makeup. I mean, I was making sure every dot was blended perfectly, and was applying everything with such delicacy, it was almost comedic how slow I was being.

But it didn't matter because this was a very important occasion. My first date.

Although, not technically a date, more like two friends going out to dinner.

Right: Walker's just a friend.

Was he? I mean most of the things we do aren't typical friend behavior. No, I didn't have a crush on him. But, honestly, I'd been thinking he was cute since I saw him in the Adam Project, but when we met and I really got to know him, it turned into something a little more....real. If that makes sense.

Nothing good can come from assuming someone has a crush on you, it never ends well.

But he had asked me out to dinner, he was nervous, he made the reservations. So what am I supposed to think?

I plugged in the straightener and looked in the mirror at my fully done face.

After I'd finished getting ready I got a text from Walker.

Hey

Hey

I'm downstairs in the lobby, come down whenever you're ready 😊

I'm almost done 💕

Take your time
*liked*

A few minutes later, I'd finished and grabbed my purse that had about 5 lip products, a perfume sample, and Bobby pins but he doesn't need to know that.

I stepped out of the elevator and he was sitting in a chair in direct sight so I immediately saw him.

"Hey." I smiled.

He had on a nice outfit, similar to the one he wore out to dinner with the cast, and held his jacket in his hands as he scrolled on his phone.

"Hi." He smiled as he saw me, standing up and opening the door.

"So are you gonna tell me where we're going?" I asked as we walked down the street.

"It'll be a surprise." He smiled down at his shoes.

I stared and admired his side profile. His nose was so pretty, his smile, even from the side, was the brightest thing ever. His hair was so curly and blonde, everything about him was just so perfect.

He was just existing and it was taking my breath away.

"I like your hair." He complemented.