CHAPTER 3: Rejection

As Charlie walks out in embarrassment from the comfort room, he was met by a pacing Alan. He's worried for the two and has been walking back and forth down the stairs. When he heard the younger's footsteps, he instantly ran to him.

"What happened? Did it go well? He didn't punch you or anything, right?" Alan asks.

"Well... he didn't but he was definitely all over me," Charlie replies.

"If he hears that, he'll definitely kill himself from shame," Alan comments.

It's true, Babe, as far he knows, is not the clingy type. He's dominant and has always 'topped' according to him. So, if he learns that he's basically throwing himself at another person, and an enigma for that matter-he'll wish to end himself.

The enigma chuckles at Alan's remarks. So he's a top and dominant. Also, not a clingy person. Charlie mentally noted.

"I'm serious! He'll probably choke you for saying that!" Alan was in disbelief at Charlie's response.

"Sure," Charlie grins.

The older one gave up scaring the kid and decided to talk more seriously now. He guided Charlie to sit on the sofa with him.

"You know, if this goes on, it'll probably gonna take days if not weeks until both your heats die down. It'll be hard on you especially Babe," Alan starts.

Charlie nodded. "I know but I just can't bring myself to mate with him while he's clearly overtaken by instinct. I'm sure he'll hate me if I do that. I... I don't want to set a bad record for myself..." Charlie states.

"I understand. I really do. But it's not good for his body if he takes a ton of suppressants."

Charlie was silent for a while. "I'll take pheromone blockers for the time being. We're like this because of our pheromones... I just don't want to take advantage of him, Uncle."

"The side effects of that is you constantly needing release. You have a good ability to restrain yourself and not be affected by other's pheromones that much but if you take that, it means you'll suffer-

"I'm okay with that as long as he's fine," Charlie states genuinely.

"All right, fine. Do it your way. I can't meddle with your decisions. I'll go ask the doctor and let them deliver it here," Alan announces and pats Charlie's shoulder before walking away.

Time passed and it's now dinner. The pheromone blockers was delivered shortly after Alan asked for it. At this moment, Alan and Charlie are having a meal since Babe is still not waking up.

When suddenly, they heard a thud.

It came from Charlie's room. Both Alan and Charlie looked at each other in sync, both faces painted with concern.

"I'll go first. At the mean time just prepare his meal then follow right after," Alan commands before making his way to Babe.

And Charlie did what he was told. Meanwhile, Alan sprints towards where Babe is and the second he opens the door, he was met by Babe who's obviously confused.

"Alan!" Babe's eyes grew wide and he sighs of relief.

"Babe. Thank heavens you're awake!" Alan hugs Babe and draws circles in his back.

Charlie's plan worked almost immediately. To be honest, Alan is thankful that Charlie did that since as he sees it, it's Babe that suffers more as he is far inferior than Charlie who is an enigma. Alphas are superior to betas and omegas but is nothing compared to enigmas. Charlie probably knew that he can handle it just fine that's why he suggested that option.