CHAPTER 11: Soulmates

TW:
Mention of attempted rape.
Reader's discretion is advised.

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. So, bare with me and let's be confused together.

At first, Charlie was unmoving, he was waiting for Babe to retreat and realize that it was out of impulse.

But Babe didn't back away.

So Charlie cupped Babe's face to deepen the kiss.

It was a short and gentle kiss.

They opened their eyes after. Charlie searched for regret or shock on Babe's face, but he found none of it. Instead, Babe was smiling lovingly at him and he couldn't stop himself from admiring it.

"Damn," he whispers. Charlie then snaked his hand on Babe's hair and caressed it.

"I passed!" Babe raised his voice in excitement before grinning from ear to ear.

"Congrats. I knew you can do it–

"Thank you, Charlie," Babe says.

"Of course–

"No. I meant, thank you for everything. For teaching me and for being here–

"I didn't do much–

"Shut up! You did. So, thank you..." Babe genuinely states. He still has his arms hanging around Charlie's neck and their bodies are still close to each other. But that seems to not bother the alpha at all.

On the other hand, Charlie can only stare fondly. He smiles in awe of this version of Babe. It's totally the polar opposite from the first time they met. Back then, he was killing him with his eyes and his hurtful words. But at this moment, Babe's almost looking at him and saying stuff as if he likes him now.

As if Babe has feelings for Charlie.

"It was nothing. I'd do it in a heartbeat everytime..." Charlie trails off. "But... that just now... Did you really just kiss–

"ALAN!" Multiple voices screams that it cut them off.

It was Alan down to the ground as if he just fainted. The crowd shouts worried cries and the higher-ups were confused at the whole situation.

Babe and Charlie turned and they approached them out of concern for Alan.

"Don't worry, it's just fatigue!" Sonic reassures and laughs dryly.

Of course, they all know too well that it's just Alan being dramatic because of Babe.

"It's cause of old age!" North exclaims.

"You idiot, get up!" Way gritted his teeth at Alan.

Alan was wide eyed. "He's changed! If anything, that's not Babe! It's an imposter– Ow!"

Way pinched his side secretly that it made Alan scream in pain. "Are you really acting like this? In front of them? Are you fine in the head? Huh, Captain!?" Way whisper-yells at Alan.

"Alan! Are you okay? You didn't do much today then why are the one fainting? Is that really how weak and old you're getting!?" It was Babe.

The people there heard it and the team hearing it, forced themselves not to laugh. Charlie and Way let out a snort, while North and Sonic covered their mouth. Whereas Kim, Dean, as well as everybody else's faces were painted in confusion.

Alan glared at Babe, his bewildered state turned to annoyance. "I'm gonna kill all of you."