CHAPTER 14: Walk on Flames

Gasps and multiple incoherent sounds filled the area.

Babe was so caught off guard by Charlie's actions. Babe cursed under his breath when he realized what just happened.

The enigma just kissed him in front of hundreds of people and on live broadcast at that.

"Well, did we just witness Charlie, The King of the Void, kiss someone!? Oh, how tragic for the fans! Their hearts must be breaking as we speak!" The host announced but Babe couldn't hear it.

He is still cursing as he put his helmet on and seatbelt. He checked everything and he's all settled, he calmed himself down.

"That fucking idiot!" Babe yells from frustration.

"Calm down, Babe!" it was Alan reminding him on the other line. "Just don't get distracted right now."

The alpha closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before exhaling. As he opened his eyes, he focused all his senses in the moment. He hears the roaring of engines, he sees the tracks in front of him, and he imagined a certain enigma rooting for him with that wide grin of his.

He let out a small chuckle. That alone got him fired up. He wants to win and get that reward.

Then the countdown started.

The race began.

And so did the cheers of everyone.

Babe's car sped off the tracks. He cleared the third spot like it's a walk in the park. Now he's second to Red Racing's ace, Winner. Kim is behind him.

After multiple laps in the pit, Babe still is keeping up changing between third, second, and fourth is his farthest from the first place. It was impressive nonetheless, how he managed to sustain those rank in an almost 30 minutes time and for a newbie for that matter.

The audience cheered but the unexpected events never left their minds. It bothered some, while others were curious and ecstatic. It was out of Charlie's character and it was so far, a first for the racing scene and ultimately, for X-Hunter's career.

Now, it's down to the last lap to determine the winner for this race.

It was now down unexpectedly, to Babe and Winner.

"And would you look at that, folks! Despite still being a beginner! X-Hunter's PitBabe is on par with a seasoned racer of Red Racing!" The announcer shouts excitedly.

Everyone was on their toes. It was nerve wracking.

Both can see the finish line, but only one of them gets to be called a victor.

And as if fate was finally on his side.

Babe won.

"This is a remarkable day, ladies and gentlemen! Our King of the Void, Charlie, is not so undefeated after all! Is PitBabe a new King in the making!?"

And everything happened so fast. That in a blink of an eye, Babe was dragged from the tracks to the lockers of the arena. It was specifically for their team so no one was there.

Except Charlie and Babe.

The room was filled with nothing but their pheromones and noises of longing for each other. Their sweaty and naked bodies warmed their desire.

"You call this– Ah– a reward? Fuck– Ha... This doesn't feel rewarding at all..." Babe moans as Charlie goes down at his dick.

Suddenly, Charlie halted and lifted his head. He stood up and exchanged his hand for his mouth. "Should I fuck you senseless?"