Ace POV/chapter 8

As I walk into my apartment, I sit on my couch. I got my phone out and went to text Abby, but stopped. we need to talk in person right now i text her.  why Abby text? tell me that you can't feel the fire between us I text.  I have dinner tonight with Kaden so I can't be sorry Abby texted.  well, I have an away game so we can talk when I get back on Sunday I text. Why do u even want to talk about but I guess I can do that Abby's text. Let's just talk please I text. Fine, I tried Abby texted.  So I decided to go take and take a shower, maybe I should take a cold shower. After the shower, I got ready for bed. As I was lying in bed trying to get my head ready for the game. but that doesn't work it keeps going to Abby. I got up in the morning and got my bag ready for the away game tonight. It was going to be a big game the other team hadn't lost for two seasons. Which meant it was going to be brutal on the ice. But I was pretty sure that we had a good chance of taking them on this year. We had a lot of good players out there and we worked hard. I pulled up to Ethan's apartment got out went to the door Ethan and I said that we would ride together to the airport. So I got out of my car went up to the door and knocked on the door Ethan answered "Hey" He said. "Ready to go," I said. "I have a few more things," Ethan said. So I went in and waited on the couch As I was waiting my mind took in my surroundings and I started to remember the kiss. The way she smelled like cherries and lilies. How her body language was saying something completely different than her words that night. If she hadn't pushed me away that night I am sure things would have ended up a lot differently.  As I am still waiting for Ethan to finish getting ready my mind is still hooked on Abby. I start thinking about how long has it been since I saw her. It's been two years at least since I have seen her I was finishing my last two years of college so I didn't come home as much. For the first two years, we came home almost all the time on holidays and some weekends. For the last two years, I spent working out and watching game tapes. I had to make sure I was ready for the big leagues so I didn't have time to make it home to visit so in between there she grew up. So when I saw her at the bar that night it hit me that she wasn't just a pain in the ass or my best friend's little sister anymore. She had grown into a smart and beautiful girl. She is so smart that she is in her last year of high school and she plans on going to an Ivy League school next year.  But who am I kidding she has a boyfriend and going to be going to college. I am just starting in the big leagues so I could get hurt or end up traded. She always said that she never wanted to go with an athlete so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she is with Kaden. He is more your tech geek kinda guy. And that she pushed me away after the kiss. But man that kiss has turned my whole life upside down and she has no idea.

Ethan came out of his room "I am ready let me just tell Abby" he said.  Ethan knocked on her door and said "Hey Abby we are leaving don't forget to watch us tomorrow". Abby came out with tears in her eyes. I shot up to be right next to her and Ethan was already asking her what was wrong. She replied with "Oh nothing" as she sniffled. Abby, you need to tell us what is going on and why you are crying I said. " Kaden and I got into a last night," she said." What was the fight about"? Ethan said. "I don't want to talk about it right now," she said "Ok," we said. "Abs if you need to talk while we are out just text," I said and I hugged her.  As I was about to leave she grabbed my hand and whispered in my ear we need to talk when you get back. I looked at her a gave her a slight nod.