Chapter 19 Abby

As we walked into the baby doctor's office I looked around and saw so many women that were the size of beach balls.
Then I looked at Ace and said" I don't know if I can do this look how big I will get." Abby said.

Ace looked at me grabbed my hand and laughed." You will be just fine bet you will look great pregnant." Ace said.
I walk up to the front desk and get the papers I need to fill out and sit down to fill them out. My head was just swirling over all the questions.

Ace could see that my eyes looked like they were on the verge of crying and he grabbed the paperwork and started asking my questions. As we filled it out Ace would make jokes here and there to get my mind off the seriousness of the situation for a moment.
As we finished I heard my name being called by the nurse Ace and I got up and walked into the exam room. Waiting for the doctor to come in. "Ace, thanks for coming this is a little harder than I thought," I said. "Abby, I will come to every one of these if you need me to. I told you I am here for you and the baby. Even if you decide to get back with Kaden." Ace said." Ace, I don't think I want Kaden in my personal life just the baby's life." I said. Just then the door opens and the doctor looks at us and says well here's the happy parents of the baby. I look at Ace and he doesn't correct her and neither do I. Instead, Ace grabs my hand and says how does everything look, doctor? She takes this wand thing with some gel on my stomach and starts to move it around making little hum sounds. Then she stops and says well I have some news for you two. You guys are the proud parents of twins. I look at Ace and he at me with a smile. Everything looks good and is right on track. I will see you back in about 4 weeks. We both thanked the doctor as she left. " Ace, This is too much one baby is one thing but now two. That is going to be double everything I am not sure I can afford it. Also, we don't even have enough room at my brother's apartment. I said." Don't worry about that right now we have about nine months to figure that out." Ace said. All I could think about was how I wished that Kaden was more like Ace. I know Ace already has a career plus a house And Kaden is just finishing high school. But Ace is calming and sweet to me. What am I so scared of Ace I've known him for years I have liked him forever. Ace looked at me and smiled as he asked me "Everything ok?"  "I just have a lot to think about now with two babies coming and how I am I going to tell Kaden. When he barely wants one baby." "Abs I am not going to lie and tell you this is going to be easy because it isn't and I don't know what Kaden will do. But I will be here for you and I know your brother will be happy to be an uncle."  I smiled at him while thinking he was right Ethan would be happy.

As Ace dropped me off I was about to open the door when I heard a familiar voice in the next apartment. As I was about to walk in I saw Kaden coming out of that apartment. He was with some girl and if I remember right she was a year or two older than us and she was a model. I think my brother went on a few dates with her. I think her name is Abury.  "Oh Kaden your so cute. You are coming over tonight right I'll cook you something great and you can have me for dessert," she said. Just before he was about to kiss her I leaned over and said " Oh Kaden is this your reason you couldn't go to the doctor's appointment with me today?" The look of shock on his face was priceless. "Abby I didn't know you would be here", he said. "Kaden my brother lives right next door and I live with him. So why wouldn't I be here." I said. "Kaden who is this girl and how does she know you?'' she said. " Yea Kaden, how do I know you?" I said with a smirk. "Well we go to school together and Abby can we talk at your place for a minute?'' he said. ''Fine," I said. We walk to my apartment as we walk in all I can think about is how selfish he is. "Do you want to tell me what is going on with that girl and why you couldn't come to the appointment?" I said. "Abby I can do whatever I want with Abury because we are no longer together. And why I couldn't come to the appointment is I had practice after school today and I couldn't miss it." He said. " I thought you said you wanted this to work and I also thought you wanted to work on us. Instead, you found yourself a flavor of the week. I can't believe that I almost believed you that we could be a happy family or that you did want the baby. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was  much to hear at first but now I know you are a liar and a user." I said. " Don't act like you are so perfect. I know you have a thing for Ace and I see the way he looks at you." He said. "Kaden,   Since I found out I was pregnant Ace is the only one who has stood by me and told me everything going to ok and that I can do it. What have you done since you found out? You hoed yourself around and won't take responsibility for the babies." I said" What do you mean babies?'' He said. "Oh yea by the way I am having twins," I said. "Abby don't say you haven't done anything with Ace I know when he just got to town you and him kissed." He said. " How did find out about that?'' I said. " Well, maybe your friend isn't as great as you think." He said as he looked at me and walked out the door. Well, that didn't go great at all. Now I am back to where I started.