00| Adhira

Author's POV ( Edited- read the author's note for trigger warnings ⚠️)

"Mumma wake"

"Do minute aur mera baccha"

"Mumma we late for school!"

As if Adhira remembers her job, she swiftly wakes up and checks her phone to see the time.

7:30

'Shit! How can I sleep longer than my three year old kid?' She thought and looked at Aradhya who was too happy for a person going to school for the very first time.

She was wearing a cute tie dye top and a cute check skirt along with her chocolate brown hair in two pigtails

"Hayeee my baccha looks so cute" she said while tickling her baby happily. She 
squealed with happiness which made her mother attack her with morning kisses.

"See mumma Nani (mother's mother) dressed up Aradhya" Adhira smiled and kissed her once more on her forehead before telling her to go downstairs to her Nana (mother's father) while she dresses up.

Once she decided what she wanted to wear, she went ahead and showered peacefully.

After her shower she wore her favourite pink anarkali suit with some silver bangles and jhumke which were her absolute favourite. It made her look like a goddess but yet the girl standing in front of the mirror didn't feel like one.

Upon looking at her reflection, she saw her dark circles which were prominent and the proof of her sleepless nights

Upon looking at her reflection, she saw her dark circles which were prominent and the proof of her sleepless nights. She can't really sleep at night as it always reminds her of that horror of a night.

She then went ahead and noticed her wrists which had small cuts just like those on her thighs. But then her eyes move to a little tattoo of hers on her wrist. One Little bird symbolising her daughter, the one she lived for .

Shaking her head she applied a pink blush lipstick, her long hair in a loose braid and and a small bindi to complete her look. She smiled looking at herself.

She felt pretty

Soon she went downstairs to the kitchen just to find her maa who was plating the day's breakfast on the table and her baba, who was entertaining the family's little mischief maker.

She smiled and hugged her maa from behind to which her maa patted her cheek with affection.

"Go sit down and eat your breakfast" Sujata Awasthi said with a small smile on her face. She settled down at the table beside Aradhya who was too happy this morning. It was her first day at school and was showing her Nana ji, Aman Awasthi her stationaries.

Adhira was very grateful for her parents who were there with her at every step of the way. They gave her the best education and facilities she could have gotten in her parents budget. Apart from that they supported her and never judged her when the whole world was against her. After Aradhya was born, they cared and loved her little daughter whenever Adhira used to work. She saw her Baba turn into a kid just to make his granddaughter happy and her mother who woke up along with Adhira to take care of Aradhya. She truly loved them so much.

"Today is a very special day for my Babu some sweet should make it even more special" Sujata said with excitement and brought a cup of curd mixed with sugar for her granddaughter.

(Dahi chinni or curd with sugar is commonly fed to people who have a special day or a very special event, to bring good luck and happiness)

After hundreds of photos, both the mother and daughter left the house to go to school. Adhira settled her daughter in the passenger seat after securing her with a seatbelt and then drove them off to the school.

Both the mother daughter entered the school through the gate where the parents of other nursery children were in tears seeing their young ones cry. Adhira felt her heart clench as Aradhya was looking at the father's hugging and kissing their children goodbye.

As much as she tries, she can never fill the gap of a father figure in her life.

Sometimes it's better to not have a father than to have one.

With this thought, she just smiled at her daughter who was looking at her and took her to her class. Adhira was scared to leave her alone but judging by Aradhya's happy face she knew her daughter won't have any trouble adjusting.

Her class teacher was also a friend of Adhira, smiled and hugged her as they were meeting after a month but as the bell rang she left for the left side of the corridor which had lower kg students and her next class.

She entered the class and started introducing herself and told them to introduce themselves to her as well. All was going well until it was a little boy's turn.

The boy was wearing a black hoodie along with blue denim that made him look too cute for Adhira to resist herself.

She went towards the boy and squatted infront of his chair with a small smile on her face " Hi baby, I am Adhira and you are?" She asked while looking into his almost black eyes.

"Ayaan Chauhan" he said in a small voice that made her want to cry and hug the boy at the same time but just palmed his cheek and stroked her thumb to make him comfortable.

'He just feels like.....Angel'

Adhira composed herself as crying in front of some four year olds was a bad decision and humiliating so she just grinned. Ayaan is a little more reserved than the rest of the class so she decided to give him a bit attention so that he opens up a little.

Days pass and she gets even closer to Ayaan, so much so that he even smiles at her and tells her about his day to day adventures and activities.

It was after a few weeks from that day, a terribly hot wednesday which meant the day Adhira hated the most, the stay back day. She was arranging the students drawing assignment when her maa's name flashed on her phone. She answered it just to make her heart break.

"I can't find Aradhya"
_________________________________________

A sneek peek at Adhira's life. This is the first time I am writing so can be a bit confusing and cringe but bear with it please. Also I'll change a dynamic a bit so it becomes more detailed and interesting .

Trigger warnings ⚠️
- S.A
- Child trauma
- Miscarriage
- self harm
- Bully
I'll list it in the chapter itself ❤️🫶
-Ana 🤓❤️