07| Gift

Adhira's POV

I woke up with someone shouting in a very foreign language that wasn't getting comprehended by my small brain.

"Non mi interessa! Voglio solo che il lavoro sia finito entro oggi sera"

(I don't care! I just want the work done by today evening)

My eyelashes flicker open to see a grumpy Akanksh pacing on the balcony with a black file in his hand.

He was already dressed up in a black button down shirt which felt like it will open any second due to all that muscles he has in store. The shirt along with creme coloured pant complimented him so much.

I married this guy yesterday?

Flashback

After changing, I entered the room to see that Akanksh was seated on the couch while typing harshly on his computer but as soon as he noticed that I entered the room, he looked up with a clenched jaw that indicated he was angry at something.

Was it my thank you?

Was it because I was unable to unhook the blouse?

Was I-

"I'll sleep on the couch while you take the bed as I work late at nights and don't want you to get disturbed. I'll be in my office" He took a quick glance at me and left with his laptop.

My shoulders dropped and breathed out the air I was holding in. His tone is just so cold that sometimes it makes my bones shiver.

I looked at myself at the three gigantic mirrors situated on the sidewall to look at my night outfit that looked so cute to me but somehow his gaze wasn't of a person who thinks an outfit is a cute one.

C'mon it is a panda themed night suit!

Ughhh!

My cheeks flush and I cup them with my hands, feeling the warmth of my cheeks on my hands.

This wasn't how I expected my marriage day to look like four years ago but here I am standing in my husband's room, looking at myself all blushing with embarrassment.

I sighed and accepted my fate that I will continue to have these kinds of embarrassing situations with him so I did the most logical thing a person will do.

I slept and boy did I have the best sleep of my life but in that deep sleep I swear that I heard the noise of the door creaking open and felt someone wrapping the cover around me which made me snuggle even deeper into the mattress.

End of flashback

In my visit to flashback I forgot that I have to actually get up and get ready for the day. I looked at the clock and furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance and then  practically jumped from the bed and ran straight to the closet which contained my bag of saree and suits I carried back from home.

I chose this beautiful sheer red saree which had light maroon flower designs and a detailed gold border to go with it. The blouse itself was a long sleeve one and had this really cute golden flower pattern on it. After that I did my skincare , added a small red bindi and filled my partition with vermillion. Then I wore one of my favourite beaded jhumka and red bangles to add the finishing touches.

Bravo Adhira, you are late on your very first day

I hurriedly went downstairs and walked towards the hall to notice everyone sitting on the couch, drinking tea and gossiping about something or the other.