04| The birthday (part 2)

Adhira's POV

"Maa"

I have heard this voice. I'll wake up from a coma and I'll still be able to identify that particular voice. It's deep, cold but holds some kind of warmness that makes my heart run at a speed of a thousand kilometres per hour, if that's possible.
I turned my head towards the voice just to be left practically speechless.

How can a man like him exist?

I guess god actually took some time off to sculpt his face in peace.

He had these gorgeous dark brown eyes that looked black, hair perfectly trimmed and messy at the same time, sharp jaw line that one could use as scissors.

Seriously?

This guy had a dominating yet confident aura around him which makes him so unapproachable but so hot.His eyes were scanning me from head to toe as if I was a weapon or something. Did i mention that I look like a kid in front of him.

Aradhya though had a complete opposite reaction towards him

"Brownie?" She said with such a happy tone that made me think that seriously kids lives are a lot easier than ours.Here I was sweating myself in front of this man and my daughter is hugging the hell out of this 6'3 giant.

"Hi Aradhya" he patted her head in affection that was code red for cuteness.

Aradhya told me about Ayaan's dad after she woke up from sleep of how they baked choco lava and had so much fun with him until he had to attend an important call but I came there by that time to pick her up.

Can't believe he is the Rana sa of Rajasthan.

"Namaste Hukum, I am Aradhya's mother and I would just like to thank you for looking out for my younger one" he just hummed and nodded.

No words? Jerk

After having a lot of food and stuffing my belly with a good amount of chilli paneer and cold drinks that I soon regretted as I had to use the washroom now. It will be a hella tough job with this lehenga though.

I spotted sneha aunty who told me the directions of a washroom upstairs that I can use, so without any delay I rushed towards the stairs to go towards the restroom.

I went ahead and did my business and it took me about 20 minutes to get myself ready again.

Beauty is pain, I guess........

As soon as I opened the door and crashed into someone. Rubbing my head with my head I looked up at Akanksh Singh Chauhan glaring at me as his phone was lying on the floor.

"I am so sorry" I looked at him and gulped. He looked.....scary.

"Can't you watch where you are going?" His voice was cold as his glare and I flinched internally as it was my......wait- it wasn't my fault! He was the one typing away on his phone so he was at fault here.

"You were typing away on your phone so practically it is YOUR fault not mine. Stop blaming me" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked through my lashes to make it seem like I was angry at him. Maybe that I am not scared of him?

I was still rubbing my forehead as he took a step towards me and then another step while I backed up. His shoes were thumping the same way my heart was.

Let's Hope that he can't hear it or else it would be so embarrassing.

"This is my house-" step " My corridor-" step "My fucking property-" step "So it is your fault. I hope that I made myself clear" he was too close, too close.

His warm scent which smells like sandalwood, sage and a hint of black pepper can make anyone lose their goddamn mind.

" I don't like to repeat Adhira, did I make myself clear" My cheeks are surely beet red as I can feel them heating up already. This man made me lose my breath more than anyone my entire life.

I hummed as my eyes shut closed due to the embarrassment I was feeling.

"Words Adhira" he said and made me look up by pushing my chin upwards with the help of his fingers and all I felt was butterflies flying, jumping and cartwheeling in my stomach.

"Yes" with that he walked away after picking his phone up and called someone to bring a new one for him.

Jerk

Yes a jerk that makes your heart stop and dash in the same time

Still an attractive arrogant jerk

✿⁠ ✿⁠ ✿⁠

Akanksh POV

I was always focused on my company before I got married to her so there wasn't any woman in my life and honestly that was the reason for my success. I tried to give our relationship a try but that didn't work.

It wouldn't have ever....

But right here in this moment where a goddess is laughing softly while chatting to my mother, no one was even in my field of vision.

She was quite shorter than me and these brown hair of her's that shined different shades of gold and brown when the light hit them, were something that gave her definition.

Her brown siren eyes would hypnotise anyone, even me to follow her every command.

Adhira Awasthi, my son's class teacher that should be the last person for me to ever get attracted to, yet here I am mesmerized by this beauty. She has this gentle aura around her that can make anyone comfortable around her.

So beautiful

Throughout the party I saw Adhira playing with both Ayaan and Aradhya, making them smile along with me but I can never accept that.

Ayaan didn't even need me when he was with her. Usually it takes time for him to mix up with other people but Adhira was an entirely different case. I have never seen my son laughing and kissing someone on their cheeks who is not a part of our family.

I totally didn't feel jealous of my four year old son kissing Adhira's cheek who I met two hours ago.

After talking to Mr Balli, I had to attend a short fifteen minute call to ensure that the daily report is up to date for tomorrow's client Mr Alfred. As I wrapped up my work, I decided to go downstairs to meet everyone that can be of my use after all everything is business at the end of the day.

I was texting Vihaan, my assistant and best friend regarding tomorrow's schedule when suddenly someone crashed into me from my side and my phone fell down.

I angrily whipped my head towards the person I bumped into and saw Adhira.In this dim light her face glowed, her eyes wide with fear as she stared at me with those siren eyes of her.

" I am so sorry" her voice is so sweet and calm that it can melt the greatest of ice, even my heart.

She's just a girl......everyone is the same

"Can't you watch where you are going?" I thought this would scare her enough but she surprised me.

"You were typing away on your phone so practically it is YOUR fault not mine. Stop blaming me"

Cute

This girl is something unique and a mystery that I am tempted to solve and sure I will and the first step is to make her mine.

✿⁠ ⁠✿⁠ ⁠✿

Eeee so they met and Akanksh already has a little crush on her! But they can't love easy other so fast😤

I'll make sure 😉

Also I'll be making some changes in the first few chapters as I think they should be longer and much more fun!

Please vote for this story it means a lot seriously! I love u all❤️✨

~Ana🤓🫶