06| Wedding

Author's POV

"Dulhan ko bulaye"

(Call the dulhan)

Akanksh looked at the Agni (fire) while everyone was chatting happily with each other. These random people were happier than him on his own wedding day and that pissed him off.

Strange right?

Though the chattering pretty quickly calmed down when the sound of anklets echoed the banquet, making Akanksh look up towards the stairs with fascination in his eyes.

(Adhira's and Akanksh's outfit)

She looked beautiful in her bridal lehenga which looked even more beautiful with her wearing it. She looked perfect as she always does.

'Humari shaadi bhi nahi hui, aur aap abhi se humare dil se khelne lag gayi hai'

He stood up and forwarded his hand for her to take it and when she did, it felt like electricity coursing through both their bodies. It made Adhira feel the butterflies in her stomach jumping in up and down.

Though soon she pushed that feeling on the back of her mind as the priest started chanting the mantras, which will bind them in a holy matrimony.

"Dulhan ki mang main sindoor bhariye" the priest said with a soft smile on his face. Akanksh took a pinch of vermillion between his forefinger and thumb to fill Adhira's partition.

As soon as his fingers touched her hairline, her eyes gently closed and felt the vermillion on her hairline which fell on her nose as well.

"Ab toh Hukum apni Ranisa ke hukum pe chalenge" the aunties giggled while Adhira's eyes flew open which contained unshredded tears and unsaid emotions which made Akanksh's heart squeeze.

'Her tears are least of my concerns' Akanksh tried to gain control over his emotions.

No one knew that both of them are too broken to love. That both of them have traumas that make them the way they are.

With that, the rituals were completed one by one until it was time for vidayi.

Everyone had tears in their eyes but Sujata was sobbing while hugging both her girls to her chest. Aradhya was too young to understand so she was asking why she and her mother were sad but all she got was more wailing. Even Aman had tears in his eyes.

"It's only thirty minutes away mumma, I'll always come by after school hours. Please don't cry" Adhira wipped her mother's tear, trying to appear strong for her.

"Only ten minutes" Akanksh interrupted which made Adhira look at him with a questioning gaze. He stepped towards her mother " I arranged a house for you just at a distance of ten minutes so you can always come by"

"Magar hukum-" Aman tried to reason with Akanksh but he already planned everything prior the wedding.

"Aapki beti se shaadi ki hai toh itna toh kar hi sakte hai hum iss hak se. All the arrangements are already done so you can shift there whenever you want to" this made Adhira look at Akanksh from a different perspective. She can't even tell him how happy she was but she made a mission that she will say thank you to him later tonight.