13| One day

Adhira's POV

It's been three weeks since that incident and in those three weeks, we didn't even communicate three times.

Akanksh is currently at Mumbai for the new branch opening and it's been two weeks since he left. He often calls me but the calls end up between the kids and him.

We try to engage in small talks but it gets too embarrassing for us? I don't know!

Ughh why is my life so complicated, like I can't even get a day off.

I was correcting some answer scripts when I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Come in please" I answered and mumma came inside with a cup kept on a tray.

"Did i disturbed you beta?" Mumma asked "No mumma, I was almost done with my work" I said and smiled at her whole standing up from the chair.

"Come sit down then, I will massage your head with some warm oil" I kissed her cheek and sat down on the floor as mumma settled on the bed.

The warm coconut oil brought back my mind to a very relaxed state and I almost moaned in pleasure.

Mumma started my message and I just closed my eyes, thinking of maa who would do when I had a very hectic day at school and home.

"Thank you mumma! You are the best. I just needed this a lot"

"I know. Accha now tell me, what is going on in this little brain of yours?"

"Nothing? Mumma.....I just...... sometimes I think that did we make a good discussion? Like marrying each other when both of us are not.....the most optimum people for it?" I finally questioned the question that was on my mind since forever.

"Well...I don't know about you Adhira and honestly speaking, it never concerned me beta. I just know that the first time I saw you, i knew that you are a very beautiful person inside out baccha. Sometimes we judge people on their external life. Of the life we are able to see with our eyes but do we ever think about the internal life with of heart?
No.
We don't.
So what do we do? We start judging them. We judge them so much that the persons inner will is shattered into pieces." I turned around with my eyes filled with tears and looked at mumma who has tears streaming down her face and was yet smiling through her emotions.

"Mumma what happened?" I asked and held her hand in between my own.

"You want to know?" I nodded my head like a child. If this wasn't a serious situation, i would have laughed at how kiddish that move was. But right now? It didn't matter a bit.

"So listen. I was an ordinary girl, from a very poor family. My father didn't really like me so much as compared to my brother, afterall he was the men his then family according to my father. My mother though? She never differentiated between me and my brother. We were always equal for her. Even my brother didn't like my father and tried to protect me and maa from his physical abuse towards us daily".

"I was twenty one I think? I just completed my college and wanted to study more and pursue something that I love. I used to world partime jobs and that with some help from my brother and mother, i completed my graduation. But just then he planned to marry me off to a old almost as old as him guy. Obviously I rejected but it was of no use. I got married to him with a warning of that if I plan to escape my own wedding? He would kill my mother. I was basically stuck in that marriage. He...he used to abuse me the same way my dad used to or if not him, then his family members. I was so tired and almost lost all hope of living.

Even my brother couldn't help me and that took a toll on him as well. After six months of marriage I was pressurised to have kids and I didn't want that. Not with that man, never with that man. I cried, fighted and prayed to anyone who was listening and I guess god did listen because the guy I got married to got killed in a cry accident.