'07' S I

y/n pov

I ended up spending the entire day outside of home. I didn't go back until the next morning which I will never do again because once I got home I received another beating from Ed and damn he went off. 

I had a busted eye, my entire torso was bruised dark purple, my head was pounding, and I was almost 100 percent sure he had dislocated my shoulder. I couldn't move it and every time I did pain shot up my arm. 

I went to school after having covered all the visible bruises with my concealer and foundation.

I wanted to try and avoid MJ as best I could or she'd know something else was up and it can't have been the burglars alone causing this much damage. 

My hoodie was up and my head was down my right arm clutching my left shoulder.

"Hey, are you ok?" Peter called me from behind. 

Shit.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said casually.

"Are you sure? You look pretty hurt." 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged, although it was a grave mistake because my shoulder burned.

He looked at me as if he didn't believe me but he was way too excited to say anything else about the subject. 

"Did you know that Tony Stark is gonna be offering an internship to two select students from Midtown?" 

"No I did not know, neither do I care," I smiled.

"I wanna apply." 

"Go for it," I said

"But not alone," he said, I knew exactly where this was going
"Will you please apply with me?" Yup, I was right.

"Peter, I really don't want to." I really did. Working alongside Tony Stark would be a dream come true but it would also attract a lot of unwanted questions about my home life and my superhero life and I did not need that. 

"Please, I'm begging you," His brown eyes glimmered. 

I sighed. 

why do I do this to myself?

"Yeah, ok Peter, I'll do it. For you. How do we apply?" I ask, secretly I've never been this excited. 

"Glad you asked." He grabbed my arm and dragged me across the hall into an empty classroom. 

"Wow. This is amazing." I said sarcastically. 

"No, you grab a test sheet and do it and then when you are done, you turn it into the office." He passed me a paper.

I sat down next to him and a few minutes later I was done. 

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Almost, hold up." He said. 

While he was finishing up I took out my phone and texted my gc.

the suicide hoes

y/n
YALL GUESS WHAT

twd
WHATTTTT

headless parakeet
WHATS UP KID

red
WHat HAPPENED

wingstop
WHAT KID

Mr sassy
WHATS GOING ON

winifred
KID WHAT HAPPENED

y/n
no need to panic
BUT I APPLIED FOR A STARK INTERNSHIP
I mean I'll doubt I'll even get in but STILL ITS EXCITING

winifred
KID THATS AMAZING AND DONT DOUBT YOURSELF
WHO KNOWS YOU MIGHT END UP GETTING IN

twd
FOR REAL DONT UNDERESTIMATE URSELF KID

sharpie
THATS AMAZING KID

Mr sassy
WOW KID I HOPE U GET IN

red
I KNOW YOU'L GET IN KID

headless parakeet
GOOD LUCK KID

wingstop
YOU'LL GET IN KID 
I'M SURE OF IT

y/n
YALL DONT GET UR HOPES UP IM LIKE NINETY PERCENT SURE IM NOT GONNA GET IN BUT WTV CS YOLO ASF

avengers pov

The Avengers were in complete and utter shock

Were the possibilities of them meeting jj actually as high as they believed?

"Tony," Nat said warily. "You need to make sure this kid gets the internship." 

"Youre right but how. I don't know what this girl looks like, or her name or anything about her" Tony had forgotten he was a genius.

"Did you just seriously forget that you're a supposed genius?" Wanda chuckled. 

"You're right. I'll find out who she is, no problem." He turned his attention to his laptop and in a matter of seconds he brought up a holographic screen of a brown-haired girl. 

"y/n y/l/n. She goes to Midtown, her parents are Luke y/l/n, and Layla y/l/n, they were killed when she was 9 years old, and now she lives with her uncle Ed whos her mom's brother." 
"Her uncle Ed checks out, he was in the army, he has medals of honor, and people say he's a respectable and kind man." Tony finished talking.

Steve was convinced her uncle was a good person.

Nat however found it somewhat hard to believe. Considering what the kid had mentioned to her before. For example when she got stabbed but she never did say how.

Nat tried to ignore those thoughts. The kid showed no signs of being abused but then again they had never actually met in real life.

Nat was determined to find out more and find out what was going on with the kid.

It was hard for nat to admit but she had grown rather fond of the kid. Like the daughter she never could have.

A/n

And drumroll thats chapter 7 as u can see I have a lot of time on my hands but yeah wtv if anyone is actually reading this I hope u enjoy n ye🤪

893 words