'16' i woke up

Nat pov

Maybe I was wrong to go to her house without her permission, but I was worried. And what I saw inside didn't call my nerves either. I saw broken beer bottles scattered all over the floor and cigarette ash everywhere.

Something was going on and I guessed it had something to do with her uncle. I don't want to jump to conclusions but my guess was he was abusing her. Everything made sense the way you put it. Her injuries, her trauma, it all connected back to her uncle.

I couldn't just ask her about it though. I needed to gain her trust to get her to open up, and do something for her to trust me. Not just for my benefit but knowing what I already know about her from the group chat she needs someone to be there for her, to hold her, to talk to, and I was fully determined to become that person for her. I just needed to know if she was determined enough. 

I needed to spend more time with her and get her to open up on her terms so she didn't feel like she was being pressured. Though, based on the last interaction I had with her I would assume she and I weren't on good terms. 

"Nat," Clint called out and I realized I hadn't been paying any attention to my surroundings. 

"Hmm?" I mumbled. 

"I asked if you wanted to grab lunch together?" he repeated. I nodded, grabbed my purse, and out the door we went. 

We went to a small cafe around the block, near Central Park. We settled into our seats and we talked, we talked and talked. 

Somehow we found ourselves on the topic of y/n. 

"She's super sweet but I think she's onto us," I told Clint my suspicion. 

"What makes you think that?" He asked. 

"That's the thing. I'm not actually sure. It's just a gut feeling." I admitted. Even though I had no evidence to back me up, I knew I could count on Clint to believe me.

"Even if she's onto us, she can't prove it. We'll be fine Nat." He reassured me.

"I gave her my phone number." I blurted out. 

"Why would you do that?" I understood his confusion. 

"I have two phones," I said sheepishly. "A private and a public one. My public phone number was added the one she accidentally texted. I gave her my private one. She won't know a thing." 

Clint chuckled. "Which one do I have?" I shrugged.

"Damn okay." He smiled. I stayed quiet and he noticed. "Y/n will be ok. Trust me."

"Still, I'm worried about her. Something about her home life just doesn't add up. I need to find out what." 

"I'll help you. No matter what." 

I smiled at his sincerity. I knew I could always count on him no matter what. 

Y/n pov

I woke up. 

Not in a 'birds singing' woke-up way. In a 'my uncle back and in a bad mood' way.

"What the fuck are you doing sleeping on my floors dumbass. Get up." I sat up groggily. 

"Get up," He said sternly. His stance wavered, letting me know he was drunk, or hungover. One of both. "Or I'll make you get up." 

I stared at him, not getting up, willing him to try me. 

"Fine." I think I was delirious because I was feeling too confident. 

I stood up slowly on purpose. I received the first kick to my stomach. I groaned as I stifled a chuckle. I don't know why. I deserved this. It was all my fault. 

So I let him. I let him beat me. Over and over again. I was spitting out blood. My brain was pounding against my skull. My breathing came out in short jagged breaths. Every time I took a breath my chest felt like it was being stabbed into with a freshly sharpened knife. I couldn't move my shoulder at all and I couldn't put any pressure on my right ankle. I had cuts and bruises all over my back and face. I tried to cry but somehow no tears had been left. Something inside me had finally snapped.

I felt numb. I felt nothing. 

My uncle went upstairs and I heard his bedroom door slam shut. 

I was left in silence with only my shaky breaths to relieve the silence. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure if I should suck it up and just go to my room. The other option was the one I dreaded the most though. 

I still had Nat's phone number in the back pocket of my jeans. 

I could call Mae or MJ. But I didn't want to burden MJ, and Mae's stepdad really didn't like me.

I shuddered and reached for my phone that had slid away from me when I received the first blow from my uncle. 

I knew that by calling Nat the possibility of finding out if she was the person I'd been texting became much more real but I didn't know if I was gonna make it through the day let alone the night. 

I dialed the number, unknown contact. 

She wasn't the person I'd been texting. She really was just a weirdo. I would've been more sympathetic if I'd known that she was the person I'd been texting and that's why she was staring at me when I had my internship. Now knowing that she wasn't made her staring just become a lot more weirder.

The phone rang twice before she answered.  

"Hello?" she answered. I considered hanging up but I had already done it so I just YOLO'd it. 

"Hey." My voice broke a lot more than I thought it would. I cringed at myself. I wasn't sure what to say. 

"Y/n? Is something wrong?" I could hear the traces of concern lining her tone. 

"No-" I stopped myself. "Actually yeah, I just-" The tears came. 

"Y/n?" 
"What's wrong?" 

"I can't explain right now. I just need someone right now," I choked out. Tears ran down my cheeks, I covered my mouth to stop myself from whimpering in pain. 

I sniffled. Nat stayed quiet and I knew this had been a bad idea. I threw too much onto her and she got annoyed. Of course, she did. No one wants to deal with a teenager with lousy problems. 

"You know what? It's fine. I don't want to bother." I was about to hang up when I heard Nat's voice again.

"Sorry, I was looking for my keys. I'm on my way." I could hear her footsteps running against the pavement. I heard the engine ignition and the car speed up. For the first time in my life, I felt grateful that someone felt the need to run out on their plans to come meet me. 

"Thank you." I managed to mutter out. I was sobbing now. I hated crying yet it seemed like I was often doing it. I wasn't seeing straight. Everything was fading. I was slipping in and out of consciousness. I was going to pass out soon. 

And all I could think about was Nat and how grateful I was for her. Even if I had just met her, she'd done more for me in a day than anyone's ever done in my entire life. 

a/n

oml u guys I literally didn't forget this existed I just had no motivation to write but basically its cs we've been testing these past two weeks n Ive js been under sm pressure cs like i literally failed my Spanish test even tho Spanish is literally my native language like wtffffffffffffffffffff the math ain't matching and literally for my math test i just know for a fact i failed because math doesn't math in my head n I'm just praying i got an okay grade for my English test cs idk what ima do if i don't i think ima actually km. 

Anywaysssssssssss

How yall been honey bunches???

yk the drill tell me everythingggg

spill the tea spill the beans spill everything 

MB for abandoning yall pls forgive me

1,344 words