'18' flashie

y/n pov

Flashback

It was my parent's second death anniversary. I went to their grave to drop off some flowers. The night before my uncle beat me to the point I couldn't move a muscle without a wave of pain washing over me.

"I really need you here right now, Mom," I was sobbing uncontrollably.

"Why'd you have to go? I just want my mommy back," I choked out, tears swelled in the back of my throat and I began sobbing again.

"I miss you so much, Dad. I don't know how much longer I can make it without you guys. I need you here, come back," I begged and begged for whatever god up above to send my parents back because in the end I was just a little girl who needed her parents love and support.

"Y/n!" It was my mom. Her voice called out to me.

"Wake up." She called out.

"Huh"

End flashback

I jolted upright, tears falling down my cheeks. I was crying so hard I couldn't breathe properly.

"Y/n," someone called out my name. I looked up to see Nat looking at me sympathetically.

I'm trying to catch my breath and suddenly her palm is on my back making small encouraging circles.

"It's ok. You're ok." I sniffle and look around, I'm back in Dr. B's office.

"What's going on?" Nat asked me softly.

I shook my head and bring my knees up to my chest. I let my head dip in between my knees, my hands gripping the back of my head tightly.

Nat was shushing me and I wanted to get out of there, go anywhere but back home, and I just couldn't, I felt trapped in my own mind. A cell made up of my own thoughts. I hated it.

Someone walked in.

"How she doing?" I recognized Banners voice.

I manage to see Nat shaking her head from my peripheral vision.

"Y/n?" Bruce says my name softly. I can't help but wonder if being treated like a glass case will ever stop feeling so weird.

I sniffle some more and look up slowly.

"You had a lot of injuries," he said and I nodded, I knew that already that's why I called them.

"What we can't figure out is why you have them." He spoke so slowly as if any change in his tone would set me off.

I stayed quiet. I wanted to rat out my uncle so badly but then where would I be left? In the streets or tossed around into an overflowing foster care system. I didn't want that.

"It's ok if you don't want to answer." He waited for me to answer but it never came. "I'll let you get some more rest." He walked away leaving me and Nat in complete silence.

"Thank you." I manage to mutter out. My voice is dry and hoarse, like my mouth was a desert and tumbleweeds were flying through it.

"I don't know what else you expected me to do."

"Leave me." I said what was on my mind before thinking about it

"Nobody in the right mind would dare leave a bright girl like you."

"You'd be surprised," I huff out a small laugh but pain engulfs me.

"Then those people were insane."

I shrugged.

"Are you really not going to tell us what happened?"

I stayed quiet again.

"It was your uncle wasnt it?"

I tense up and she feels it. I tried to brush it off but she caught on quickly.

"No"

"Sure."
"Get some sleep, I'll be back later with your lunch."

She leaves and I'm left to wonder what's to happen with my uncle.

A/n

You guyssss omg mb for abandoning u guys
Again but like ong I've been a lil stressed. Out lately cs omg let me tell uuuu when I said I wanted to drama in my life on my last authors note I did not mean for it to come true but basically I confessed to my crush who basically my crush was my friends ex talking stage bc they never went anywhere but then yeah n it's all good between me n her bc I confessed n I'm still single so lmk what u guys think he said. (HINT: it was not yes)

How was ur guyes week I hope it was better than mine😔
Don't b ghosting readies I wanna talk to all of uuuu 😘🤭

Bye honey bunches love uuuuuu

750 words