𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13

I’ll simply forget everything and move on.
I decide it the next morning, after a long, sleepless night spent dwelling on whatever happened between me and Jungkook. No, Mr. Jeon, just Mr. Jeon: getting so close to him was a mistake in the first place, one I intend to rectify immediately.

I don’t do relationships anymore, not after Ben: one obsessive ex boyfriend is more than enough to deal with.

After getting ready for the day, I grab my purse and leave my apartment, making sure to lock the door behind me. For once I’m not late— given I haven’t slept one minute, I consider this a huge victory.

I make my way down the stairs, adjusting the scarf around my neck, but as soon as I step outside the apartment building, I stop dead in my tracks.

It’s Jungkook—I mean, Mr. Jeom. He’s standing in front of a shiny, black car, one of those elegant and slender models I always see in movies, never in real life. Fair enough: Mr. Jeon himself is the kind of man (pardon, I meant vampire) I only ever see in movies. He’s wearing a grey button up shirt and black trousers, a suit jacket resting on his right shoulder.

“Y/N.” He steps toward me, a cautious look in his eyes. “I’ve been calling you.” Yeah, I know: I ignored his calls because I was mad and confused and… other things, things I’m not ready to admit even to myself.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now” I say, but when I try to walk past him, he moves to stand in my way. “I’m late to class. Please let me go, Mr. Jeon.”

He shakes his head. “Last night you called me Jungkook. Keep doing so.”

“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s inappropriate” I reply, trying to keep my voice steady. “We’re just two parties involved in a transaction. Let’s not forget that.”

“Y/N.”

“Miss Kang, if you don’t mind” I correct him. I’m trying hard to keep my cool, but my heart is pounding so fast I feel like he can hear it. “Let’s keep our distance.”

He gives me a vicious smile as he leans in, his fresh scent filling the air. “Keep our distance, huh? Because yesterday you didn’t seem to think so.”

“You kissed me!” I hiss, taking a step back.

The smugness in his expression doesn’t change one bit. “You let me kiss you. You enjoyed it, Y/N.”

“Miss Kang. And… And…” I stutter, taking another step away from him. “None of this matters. It’s inappropriate. All about last night was.”

“Fine” he murmurs, coming forward with a dark glint in his gaze. “Let’s keep this appropriate, shall we? Bare your throat, Miss Kang. I still haven’t had breakfast.”

God. He’s talking to me as if I were just a walking blood dispenser. I guess that’s exactly how he sees me, given his attitude.
“You can’t talk to me like that” I reply, my voice cracking. “It’s rude. Treating people with human decency is free and accessible to everyone, Mr. Jeon, even you.”

He takes another step forward, his eyes growing darker and darker. “Bare your throat. I won’t repeat myself another time.”

“Or what?” I ask, forcing out a nervous laugh. “Will you take what you want by brute force?”

“You signed a contract. I expect you to fulfill your half of the deal.” I can’t believe him. What’s his problem? Why is he acting this way?

I’m so angry my hands shake, and I don’t see clearly anymore. How could I be so stupid? How could I ever involve myself with this absolute prick?