𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 21

Jungkook refused to let me go home, insisting I would need assistance, so now I'm at his loft. He only agreed to stop by at my apartment to let me grab some clothes and toiletries.
"I had the bed changed before we arrived" he explains, setting my bags on the dresser. "So it's clean for you to sleep in." I open my mouth and then close it again, slightly shaking my head.

"What?" he asks, stepping directly in front of me. "Something wrong?"

"I, huh..." I nod toward the fluffy-looking bed. "What about you? Where are you going to sleep?"

A wide grin stretches his lips. "You thought we'd share a bed?"

"We already did. Besides, I doubt you'd be comfortable on the couch."

He takes a step forward, still smiling. "There's a spare bedroom."

"Oh, uhm... Well, good to know" I mumble, pretending to be busy with my bags.

"y/n?"

"Mhhh?"

His warmth spreads across my back. He's not touching me, but I can feel how close he is. "I can stay, if you want me to."
I stop fumbling, a shiver traveling through my body.
"Not to fuck" he mumbles, his voice raspy. "I just want to hold you."

I slowly turn around, my heart beating fast as I face him. "What if... What if I want to?"

"For me to stay?" Jungkook asks, as his gaze caresses my figure.

"For you to fuck me." Crap, I can't believe I've actually said that. It's just... I want him closer, closer, closer, I crave his touch, I want to feel him in every way possible.

Jungkook cocks an eyebrow. "Language."

"You said it first" I point out.

"Fair enough." He shakes his head, his hands delicately resting on my hips. "But no. We're not fucking tonight. Your last twenty-four hours have been rough, baby. You need to rest." I open my mouth to tell him it doesn't matter, that I want him right now and that I can't wait any longer, but I hesitate. I do need to rest. And most of all, I don't want to associate our first night together with the horrible experience I've had with Ben.

"Then can we cuddle?" I quietly ask, looking at him with pleading eyes. "Just cuddle." He draws me closer to him and kisses my collarbone, barely exposed by the boat neck of my t-shirt. "Of course we can, if that's what you want." I nod, and that's all it takes for him to scoop me in his arms and carry me to bed.

Under the blankets, we face each other, close and yet not nearly enough. That's why I push myself toward him until I can feel the warmth of his body engulfing me. It's the safest I've ever felt in my entire life.

"Hi" I whisper, resting my head on his pillow.

A smirk curves his lips upwards. "Hi. Everything alright?"

"Yeah." I nod, slowly caressing his toned chest. I can feel how warm and solid he is even through the thick fabric of his t-shirt. "I just need you close." jungkook doesn't answer: he wraps his arms around me and drags me closer, until our chests are pressed together and I can feel his slow, steady heartbeat."Enough?" he murmurs, his breath tickling the tip of my nose.

It never feels enough, with him, but I keep it to myself and simply nod. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything" I reply, my voice barely above a whisper. "Being here. Taking care of me. Being so patient."

He places a small, delicate kiss on my temple. "Always." There's a moment of silence before he takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."