𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 27

When we make it to jungkook’s suite, his words are still ringing in my ears, a promise that’s making my heart race in my chest. I keep telling myself I’m here to talk and to talk only, but there’s a part of me that’s more than willing to have his hands on me, to feel his body heat, to taste his cock in my m— I stop myself mid-thought, and I can sense my face get warmer.

Jesus. What is he doing to me?

“Nice room” I say, after clearing my throat. “Big. Fancy.” I might be trying to distract myself from my inappropriate thoughts, but I’m not lying: this place looks like an apartment you see on those glossy magazines nobody actually reads. There’s a living room with a huge flat screen hanging on the wall, cream and red armchairs, a thick rug on the floor, and a whole chandelier dangling from the ceiling. I can also see a corner of bedroom from the arched opening on the left.

“Glad you like it” Jungkook says, as he opens the minifridge. “Something to drink?”

I let myself fall down on the upholstered armchair, arching an eyebrow. “Are you trying to get me drunk?”

“Quite the contrary” he replies, then curves his mouth into a halfsmile. “Intoxication hinders the conversation, and I wouldn’t want you to forgive me too easily. I need to rightfully earn my absolution up to the last crumb.”
He points at the neatly lined bottles in the fridge. “I was about to offer orange juice.”

I fight hard to hold back a smile of my own, but ultimately fail. “I’m okay, thanks.”

“Let me know if you change your mind.” He closes the fridge and comes to sit in front of me, his eyes closely searching mine. “I apologize for ambushing you here. Are you mad?”

I shrug, resisting the urge to look down. “I guess I’m mostly surprised. I thought… You weren’t reaching out to me anymore, so I thought you had given up.”

“On you?” He puts on an amused, softened smile. “I would never, baby. I hope you know that.” My heart drums, its pace quickening to the point I can almost hear the beating in my ears.

“Now I know” I say quietly. “Why are you here?”

jungkook takes his time before giving me an answer. He slowly loosens his dark tie, then he undoes the buttons of his cuffs, rolling up the sleeves of the shirt. His eyes don’t leave mine, not even for an instant.
“I wanted to talk to you” he finally says, his voice deep and husky.
“Apologize for my behavior.”

I swallow, straightening my back. “Okay, go ahead. I’m listening.”

“I’m sorry for the way I acted.” He leans in, elbows planted on his knees, chin resting on his interwoven fingers. He’s looking at me through his dark, long lashes. “You were right. I cannot decide for you, even if it gives me the illusion of keeping you safe.” He slightly tilts his head. “I was speaking from a place of concern, and I did not realize that I was forcing my solutions upon you. I did not realize I was trying to exercise control and limit your freedom.” I slowly not, taking a deep breath. It’s nice to hear it.
“I don’t want to act like that scumbag of your ex-boyfriend” he goes on, a flicker of rage crossing his gaze. “I won’t. It’s not easy to suppress my instincts, but I can promise you, from now on I will try my best.” He pauses, a hint of hesitation in his silence. “I will, if you give me the chance.” It's up to me, now. I can tell by the expectation burning like a fire in his dark eyes.

“There’s a few things that I want to make clear” I say, biting my lower lip. “For this… For this relationship to work. I think it’s important.”

“Whatever you want.” He nods. “Tell me everything.”

I take a long breath, drumming on my knees with the tips of my fingers. “First, I want you to let me pay for my things. I can accept a gift every once in a while, but you need to remember that I’m a grown adult.” I wet my lips, squirming under his intense stare. “Second, you’ll stop sending me the money of our contract, since it’s not valid anymore.”