𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20

When I open my eyes, I’m lying on a hospital bed and there’s a needle sticking out of my left arm. It’s connected to a long tube traveling up high to a plastic bag, held up by a long metal pole.
I’m a bit confused and my throat is dry, but besides that, I’m fine.

I’m not even in pain.

“Y/N.” I turn my head. Jungkook is getting up from a chair, a worried glint in his eyes.

“Huh, hi” I mumble, trying to sit up.

He pushes me back down, tucking me in. “How do you feel? Wait, let me call someone, first.”

“I’m fine” I reply, as I try to sit up again. “I’m not in pain.”

“Please, stay still. What if…”

“I’m okay, jungkook. Seriously.” I rearrange the pillows behind my back to better support me, then I give him a quick glance. “I, huh… well. How are you?”

Jungkook blinks, coking an eyebrow. “How am I?”

“I mean, yeah.” I nod, shrugging. “Am I not allowed to ask?”

“y/n, you’ve been assaulted again by that scumbag” he says,
frowning. “My driver found you wandering through the parking lot, bloody and confused. You shouldn’t be the one asking me how I am.”

I bite my lip. “Well, I want to know.”

“I’m relieved to see you’re okay” he sighs, sitting back down on the chair. Then he glowers at me, his lips a thin line. “And I’m mad.”

“At me?”

“At you, at him, at the whole fucking world.” He looks controlled, but his voice is cracking a bit. “I thought I’d lost you.”

My heart is beating so fast I’m scared he will hear it. “You were right” I mutter, lowering my head. “I’ll go to the police. I’ll go to the police and press charges, I promise.”

“It won’t be necessary” he says, reaching out to brush a strand of my hair back. “He’s already in jail. A security camera filmed the entire thing, start to finish.” His jaw stiffens, and a glimmer of rage lights up his eyes.
“You’ll need to make a statement, and there will be a trial, but it’s a formality. There’s video evidence he did this to you.”

“Really?” I stupidly ask.

Jungkook nods. “You don’t need to worry about anything, baby.” I don’t even get the urge to correct him. Why would I? I want to be his baby, and I don’t want to waste any more time. I’ve realized just how quickly things can change, and I don’t want to lose him. I can’t.

A doctor with long, black braids walks in to check on me. She asks some questions, then proceeds to tell me that I just have a few scratches and bruises, and that I can go home, but I need to rest for a while.

“I’m sure your husband will take good care of you” she says, before flashing a smile and backing out of the room.

“Husband?” I repeat, turning to face him. “Am I missing something?”

He shrugs. “They wouldn’t let me in.”

“We don’t even have rings” I giggle, raising my left hand. “How did you manage to convince them?”

Jungkook gives me a sly, lazy grin, leaning over me. “It’s a secret.” He brushes my jawline with his warm knuckles. “She was right, though. I will take good care of you.”

“You better” I warn him, trying to hold back a laugh. “I expect nothing less from my fake husband.”

“Trust me, y/n” he mumbles, so close I can feel his breath on my mouth. “You won’t be disappointed.”