Chapter 134: The Departments

Upon attaining the Innate realm, the remuneration for each subsequent level would increase by 100 Myriad Lotus Coins.

When one reached Transcendent from Innate Level 9, they would receive 1,000 Myriad Lotus Coins.

Mei Changge nodded in agreement with Guo Jia’s detailed explanation.

Soldiers were combat units. Dividing their salary by strength was indeed a good solution.

“However, Feng Xiao, we have generals and even deputy generals within the ranks of our soldiers. We need to address this as well, don’t we?”

Mei Changge frowned slightly and asked Guo Jia.

“My lord, can one suppress the other soldiers if one doesn’t have the strength?” Guo Jia said to Mei Changge with a smile.

Upon hearing this, Mei Changge’s face was filled with realization. He did not expect to have fallen into a misunderstanding.

Guo Jia was right. Without a certain level of strength, it was indeed impossible to suppress others.

“In that case, let’s go according to your plan.”

Mei Changge smiled and agreed to Guo Jia’s proposal of military salary.

The salary of the army was based on strength. Presumably, this would make every soldier interested in increasing their strength.

“Yes, my lord!”

Guo Jia nodded and said with a smile.

“About the various departments, I’ve thought about it and feel that at least five departments are needed.” Mei Changge thought for a moment and said to Guo Jia.

“The Creation Camp, Ministry of Revenue, Battle Command, Administrative Office, and the additional Trade Bureau.”

In the end, Mei Changge decided to add another department to Guo Jia’s suggestion, which was the Trade Bureau.

Their primary responsibility would revolve around addressing the business-related issues of the Void Market and all the subsequent cities.

“Trade Bureau? Do we use it to manage the Void Market?”

When Guo Jia heard Mei Changge’s words, he thought for a moment and also thought of the problem with the Void Market.

An independent department was indeed needed to be in charge of the Void.

“Exactly. Apart from the Void Market, there will also be business-related issues concerning the upcoming cities”

Mei Changge explained that once the Trade Bureau was established, its purview wouldn’t be limited solely to the Void Market. Even though the Void Market interacted with the outside world, it still required such a department for internal management.

“My lord, no problem.” Guo Jia nodded in agreement.

“Yes, but regarding the organization of the various departments, I will need you to handle it, Feng Xiao. I’ll have to trouble you again.”

Mei Changge expressed a sense of resignation upon hearing Guo Jia’s concurrence. Clearly, there was a shortage of talent, as evidenced by the challenges they were facing in establishing various departments.

Of course, the main reason was that Mei Changge had always let Guo Jia handle this job. He was not familiar with this aspect himself.

Regarding this, Mei Changge was even more determined to enter the level-two stargates.

Currently, aside from Guo Jia, there were no other outstanding talents who could assume such responsibilities. Otherwise, given Guo Jia’s disposition, he would have recommended them long ago.