chapter 7. the fun begins

It was Halloween morning . Auckland and I had gotten up early and put up some old Halloween decorations we found in the basement. It wasn't anything much but at least the house didn't look so drab. Around lunchtime Richard had shown up and had brought us some pumpkins. I set them on the porch knowing the deer and squirrels would enjoy them. "So you 2 have any plans for tonight?" Richard asked. "No nothing. Probably not going to hand out any candy either uncle Mike always said he never got any trick or treaters" I said. "Well if you want I can pick you guys up and take you to a very special club. You know that warehouse next to my office building? It's actually a bar with a huge auditorium in it. A lot of anthros from all over come to gather here on a regular basis if you guys want I can take you and maybe you can meet some other people" he said. Is sounded really tempting. The thought of meeting others like us was exciting. "Yeah that sounds good to me" I said "I could do that" said Auckland. "Alright well I'll pick you up at 5 this evening just dress as you usually do nothing fancy" Richard said. And with that he got in his SUV and drove off. This was exciting to me. I was looking forward to getting to meet some others like us. And right on time at about 5 pm Richard pulled in the driveway. We went out and got in and he began to drive. I was feeling nervous and excited at the same time. Eventually we pulled into the parking garage across from the building and it was packed. There had to be at least a hundred cars here. We got out and began walking up to the building not sure what to expect. Richard opened the front door for us and we heard music inside "after you" he said. We entered and what we saw was truly astounding. Inside there was a large cafeteria with a bar area off to the right and just beyond that was a large auditorium with a band playing on stage.

 Inside there was a large cafeteria with a bar area off to the right and just beyond that was a large auditorium with a band playing on stage

And of course the people. There were various anthropomorphic beings everywhere. Wolves,dogs, dragons,heck even cyborgs. Some dressed casually,some wearing costumes and some that looked so badass naturally they didn't even need costumes. It was all overwhelming and a lot to take in. Almost immediately a slightly intimidating looking anthro wolf spotted us and walked over to us "so you must be ricks latest creation" he eyed us up and down " I'll tell you his work gets better and better" he smiled "it's nice to meet you I'm shadow" he said in a slightly deep and raspy voice as he shook our hand

 Almost immediately a slightly intimidating looking anthro wolf spotted us and walked over to us "so you must be ricks latest creation" he eyed us up and down " I'll tell you his work gets better and better" he smiled "it's nice to meet you I'm sh...