Chapter 6

As I'm writing I start to hum I realize it's my grandmothers song. A dream is a wish your heart makes. I continue writing and humming.

"I'ma go out" Kacey says leaving.

"Ok" I mumble humming the last verse. I smile at the memory. I look down to see what I had written it was the lyrics:

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keepHave faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come trueA dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keepHave faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true.

"Time to go." I say to myself closing the notebook. I stand up and walk to Daisy's room but shes not there.

"Annika where's Daisy?" I ask worried.

"She said she had to go home. She left." She replies.

"Oh ok." I mumble leaving the room. I walk quietly out the door and back to the kingdom I make it to the front gate when somebody grabs my arm. I grab my knife out of reflex turning. But its not someone to be threatened by. Its a Lillyana and her mother.

"Oh hello" I say putting the knife away.

"We just want to say thank you for saving Lillyana." The mother says.

"Your welcome." I smile. "Hows the cut doing?"

"Its good!" Lillyana smiles lifting her shirt up so I can see the scar.

"Would you be able to thank the girl who stitched her cut up?" The mother asks.

"Of course" I reply.

"Thank you. Good night. Also if you need anything your welcome here." The mother says picking Lillyana up. I continue on my way with a smile.

"I might take you up on that" I smile.

What we do is good. We saved Lillyana.

I get to the castle and soundlessly climb up the castle. I get to my bedroom window look around. No one in sight. I climb in and tiptoe over to the lose floorboard and open it putting my knives and gun away. I grab a purple dress from my closet and change. I out the black clothes away and put the floorboard back. I walk to my bedroom door and open it walking downstairs to the kitchen. When I get there my family is waiting at the table for supper.

"Hello" I say brightly.

"Hello" My mother says coldly.

I sit down. " How was your day?"

"Not the best" My mother admits. " The assassins who saved the kids were not very cooperative"

"Oh that's unfortunate " I shake my head.

"How was your day?" Mom asks.

"Well me and Daisy went to town to see the kids." I lie.

"Oh yes" Daisy goes along.

"We met a girl she's about Rosie's age her names Lillyana." I smile.

"Really? Interesting" Mom says quietly.

"I have food" Amara says walking in holding plates of spaghetti.

"Thank you" I say. We eat in silence for awhile.

"Well did you find a husband today" My mother asks.

I sigh trying to keep my cool. "No I did not."

"Oh that's unfortunate" My mother says smiling. "Then Ill have the ball invitations sent out"

"Oh.." I say quitetly. Don't get mad, Don't get mad I chant in my head. I breath in. "Alright. May I be dismissed?"

"Yes you may" My father says. I quickly stand up and dart up the stairs to my room I get there and close the door and sit on my bed. I put my head in my hands.

Ugh. If my husband finds out I'm un assassin they could kill me. Oof depressing thought. What am I going to do? I could run away to the hideout and never return... No then Daisy will have to endure my fate... What other options are there? Either marry a prince or run away. Not great options in my opinion.

I sigh I need to clear my head. I open my window and stick my head out breathing in the night air. Eventually I climb out the window and sit on the roof. I don't know how or when but I fall asleep.

I wake up to a breeze on my face. I open my eyes to see me laying on the roof. I stand up and climb back through the window into my bedroom. It's probably about 10 am.

I change into my assassin gear and head back out the window to the forest.

___________________________________________

Question for y'all do you want a chapter with Irises life as a princess. Or keep it like this where she's an assassin?