Chapter 12

I must have fallen asleep because I wake up with a little bit of light peaking in through the window.

"Well, well, well look who we have here" A male voice says.

"Who are you?" I ask rubbing my tired eyes then wincing in pain from my shoulder.

"Oh gosh. What happened?!" He yelps.

"Your bloody comrade shot me" I grumble. 

"I told him not too!" He yells.

"Well he didn't listen!" I yell. Then wince.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"No I've been shot you idiot!" I yell.

"Jeeze. Let me help you out of your cell" He walks over and I see him. His face is coved by a hood but his eyes are dark almost black. He opens the cage and takes my hand.

"Get off me" I hiss.

"Ok, ok, ok," He lets go. "Follow me" We walk out.

"So where are we going?" I shake my head a bit to get rid of the blurry world. It doesn't help. I fall to the ground with a cartoon thud.

"Omg! Are you ok?" He runs over and picks me up bride style.

"I'm- I'm fine" I mumble.

"No your not" He takes me upstairs to a room with a bed,  chair beside it and a bedside table on the other side. There are no windows. A small fan on the roof.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

He places me on the bed then slowly moves my sweater off.

I try to hit him but miss because of my blurred vision.

"Hey stop. I'm trying to help" He reaches over to the bedside table opens the top drawer and grabs a white box with a red cross on it.  

"What are you doing?" I ask again.

He grabs a needle. "This may hurt"  He needles my arm just bellow where I was shot.

"OW!" I screech.

"Sorry!" He yelps. Suddenly all the pain in my shoulder numbs.

"What did you put in me?!" I demand.

"A numbing medicine. Now sit still." He tells me.

"Ok." I still myself.

He grabs a big pair of tweezers. "Close your eyes or look away. It helps" He tells me before he starts to bring the tweezers towards my bullet wound.

I look away squeezing my eyes shut grinding my teeth. Even with the numbing stuff it hurt like hell.

"Done" He says wiping the area with a cloth. Then puts white band aid strip and  a sling on my arm.

"How do you feel?" He asks.

"Hurts like hell" I admit.

"I mean I just took a bullet out so ya it should hurt." He smirks. "So whats your name?"

"Nonya" I mumble.

"Sorry what?" he asks.

"Nonya...  Nonya business" I smirk.

"Ok don't tell me. I'm Roberto" he says.

"Iris."

"Nice to meet you Iris"

"Where's Kacey?" I ask.

"Probably sleeping. We gave her a room. If your ready I could give you one too" 

"Alright." 

He leads me to a room down the hall. "It's all yours. Clothes and toiletries are yours too.  Suppers at 6. I feel we have lots to talk about." He walks away closing the door behind him.

I look around the room. A big king bed in the corner and bedside table beside it. A closet and bathroom on the other side. Wooden floors with a grey rug. No windows.

" I guess I should change..." I open the closet with my good hand. Clothes. Lots of them. Dresses mostly. In all colors. Black, white, red, pink, blue all of them. In the back of the closet is a wardrobe I open the first drawer. Underwear, the second socks, the third bras the fourth leggings, the fifth t-shirts and tank tops.   "He really has everything. I should probably take a shower... I haven't bathed in days."

I walk to the bathroom close the door and turn the water on. I change out of my clothes and sling then step into the water sigh when the warm water hits my back. I wash myself with my good hand. Staying away from the bullet wound. When I finish I step out of the shower dry myself then walk back to the closet.

"What on earth do I wear?" I grab a bra and underwear and out it on. Then I grab a long black sleeveless dress. I struggle to put it on in the end I do.

I walk to the bathroom and open the cabinets. The first one has feminine hygiene products. Second has hair stuff. "Aha" I grab a hair brush and brush my damp hair until its dry. I then attempt to braid it but fail leaving it down. I brush my teeth the leave the bathroom. 

"What's in the bedside table drawer..." I open it and gasp. My guns and knives are in it. I grab the knife belt and strap it t my thigh putting 3 knives in it. "Good enough. Lets head to supper"  

___________________________________________

So... What do y'all think of Roberto?