Chapter 10

After supper Me and Kacey walk to our room and pack our bags.

In mine I put: A spare change of clothes my black pants, tank top, sweater and leather jacket socks and underwear, a spare gun and knife, a bag of trailmix and a full water bottle.

"I think I'm good" I say as I slide two guns and four knives into my belt.

"Me too" Kacey says. "Should we leave now?"

"Well Erik said to leave at dawn." I say.

"But the earlier we leave the better."

"I guess. We should tell Erik" I say. We take our bags and knock on Eriks door.

"What?" He asks when he opens it.

"We're leaving." Kacey says.

"Ok. Take the map and you can go" He hands Kacey a map then closes the door.

"Rude" I mumble as we walk away. "We going to take our horses?"

"No. If we get lost or taken the horses will be lost" Kacey says.

"Smart" I say as we walk out. The cold breeze hitting my face. I pull my hood up and my mask up over my nose. Kacey does the same. We trudge out of the forest.

"Where are we going?" I ask. 

Kacey opens the map. "Well... We have to go beyond north gate of Eda" 

"Ok. Beyond the north gate." I say as we make it to the south gate. We slowly walk around the wall till we get to the north gate.

'Where to now?" Kacey asks.

"I don't know you have the map!" I exasperated

"Oh good point" She takes the map out and looks at it.

"Well... It should be over...there" She points towards the forest of Thee. The forest of Thee is mostly behind the north and west side of Eda.

"Well then lets go" I grab her free hand and drag her in. We walk around.

"All I see are trees and trees and Hey even more trees!" Kacey points to trees.

"Hey... That trees different It looks fake almost..." I walk over to one of the trees Kacey pointed at. 

"It does look fake..." 

I touch the bark. "It feels almost rubbery"

"Maybe I should kick it!" Kacey kicks the tree it falls over with a thud under where the tree used to be is a hole and ladder.

"What do you say we climb down there are check it out?" I ask.

"Deal" Kacey pulls out a gun I do the same. We climb down the ladder Me first then Kacey. "See anything down there?" She asks me.

"Not really. It's quite dark. I never thought to brings a light" I say frustrated.

"Good thing I did" Kacey hands me a flashlight. I turn it on and yelp.

Bones. Dead bodies. Everywhere. Kacey looks over my shoulder.

"Do you think those are missing kids?" Kacey asks as we hit the bottom.

"No." I say looking over the one of the bodies. "These are fake" 

"They are?" Kacey asks coming up beside me. "They are fake!"

"Sneaky. But not sneaky enough." I say standing up looking around.

"Which door should we look in first?" She asks

"This one" I open the first door and come to a halt. The walls are light pink three cribs are against the far wall. It looks pretty and nice. Not like a room you would stay in if you were kidnapped.

"It looks nice. I would stay here" Kacey says.

"There has to be something in here!" I say looking around. "Maybe under the cribs?"

"Maybe." Kacey comes up beside me. "Or maybe this is just fine" 

"Just help me look please" I say.

"Fine" The two of us search the room for about and hour. Under the cribs, the rocking chair, the shelves and changing tables. Nothing.

"What the heck!" Kacey says.

"I guess your right this room is fine." 

"No that's not what I meant. I found this" She hands me a camera. 

"Who's sneaky now?" Somebody asks from behind. I feel a smack on my head then I pass out.

The map of world

The map of world. It's not very well made or to scale but it kinda gives you an idea