1.2 The snake and the Handler

Summary:

Charlie and Vaggy start working with Niffty, Pentious, and Husk.

Alastor is bring sus.

And Angel is tired.

⚠️TW⚠️: Implied heavy sexual assault, regret, talking about trauma, flashback, keeping secrets, talking about loosing loved ones, unrequited love, feeling useless and like nobody cares.

Yay?

~~~

'This is an anthem for the homesick
For the beaten
The lost, the broke, the defeated. A song for the heartsick
For the standbys
Living life, in the shadow of the goodbye
~ Battle Scars, Paradise fears'

"In what universe is The Radio Demon a little?" Vaggie asks as she and  Charlie walk through the hotel. "He has to be messing with us."

"Don't jump to conclusions, Vaggie." Charlie says. "We don't know that."

"Don't we?" Vaggie asks. "I mean, being a little, we kinda have a sixth sense when it comes to identifying other littles. Sir Pentious? I can see it, Angel is probably a little too, I could even see Niffty being one. But, Alastor?"

"He's... okay, he's a little complicated but-"

"Complicated? He's a murderer and a soul stealer." Vaggie says.

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not-" Charlie stops once she sees Alastor heading towards the door. "Ooo! Alastor! Hey!" Charlie got his attention.

Alastor stops and turns to them. "Greetings and salutations, Ladies. Can I help you with something?" Alastor asks, wearing his bright cheshire cat smile as he always did. 

"Well, we got the results in, and your test was a little, well..." Charlie hesitates.

"Ridiculous." Vaggie finished for her.

"I was gonna say surprising." Charlie says. 

 "Your results made no sense and when we tried to look over your answers ourselves, your test was blank." Vaggie explains further.

Somehow, Alastor smiles brighter. "Hmm. How fascinating."

"We know you lied on the test to mess with us, just admit it!" Vaggie demanded.

"I will do no such thing." Alastor says. "Would I really take such a preposterous test and waste my time to scheme up all the perfect answers to get a little classification, just to get under your skin?" He asks.

"Uh..yeah!" Vaggie answers.

"That is something you would do." Charlie says at the same time.

"Well, this was fun." Alastor says. "Anyway, I should be going. I have errands to run."

Charlie reaches for Alastor. "Wait, Alastor you haven't-" 

"Farewell." Alastor says before exiting.

"Well?" Vaggie turns to her girlfriend, arms crossed firmly. 

"Yeah, he's messing with us." Charlie finally agrees. "Let's just get back to the others." She says. 

Vaggie agrees, taking Charlie's hand and heading back to their office. 

~~~Niffty, Charlie, and Vaggy.~~~~

"Niffty, your results were a little inconclusive." Charlie explains. "But in any case it does say you're fifty percent Handler. So, while we don't have any pet regressors, we do have plenty of pets. And we were wondering if you'd like to get your own."