1.6

Tw: Abusive parents, taking away comfort items, implied sexual abuse, loosing a pet, being ignored, being abandoned, having to give up a pet.
Lmk if I should add.

☆☆☆☆

'I was never a sharp one
But I try to write even when it's dull
This night is a dark one
But sometimes I like when it gets cold
Yeah, all of my movies play in black and white
This wasn't the same old plot I thought I had in mind
Don't ask me if I'm alright, I can't decide
I'm spiraling down, don't wanna take you on a ride.' ~Tony22, Safe place.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

~~~Velvette past: Age 13~~~

Velvette's favorite doll was her cabbage patch doll, her name was Nicoline katherine.

It was a gift from her grandmother when she turned five.

She was the only person in Velvette's life who actually listened to her, the only one she could tell anything to without being shot down, judged, or made fun of.

School was awful, home was worse- both of them. And she just needed one person to share her frustrations with.

On this specific day, she came home from school in need of a friend.

She wasn't exactly popular, in fact she was the very opposite.

She wore clothes the other kids found weird, she was loud and overenthusiastic, and though she was really smart, she never did well on tests so everyone of course thought she must be dumb.

It was an awful day, the worst day possible! She hated the world and hated everyone in it.

She ignored her siblings, ignored her step mother, ignored everyone who tried talking to her when she got home in favor of walking upstairs to talk to Nicoline.

But she walked into her room and saw her beloved doll gone.

"Dad? Have you seen my doll?!" She shouts.

Her father does not answer her.

What a surprise.

Velvette sighs and stomps downstairs. "Dad?!"

"Woah, hey. What's going on?" Julie, her stepmother asks, standing in her way. "What happened?"

"My doll isn't in my room." She says.

"Oh, maybe Sasha took it." She suggests.

"What? She isn't even old enough to climb the stairs!" Velvette says, walking over to the small two year old holding her doll.

"Sasha!" Velvette shouted, she took the doll from Sasha and caused the little one to cry.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Her father snapped at her. "What is the matter with you?" He asks, taking the doll from her.

"That's my doll." Velvette tells him. "She stole it!"

"Okay. And? You can't share it with her?" He asks.

"No!"

"Aren't you a little too old for dolls anyway?" He asks her.

"No, aren't you too old to be jobless?" She asks.

"Hey, you will treat me with respect, young lady!" He scolds. "I didn't tolerate this attitude with your mother, I won't tolerate it from you!"

"So divorce me too then!" She shouts. "I don't care!"

He doesn't respond to that, he just hands the doll to his other daughter.

"She's my doll! You can't just give her away just because you like your cheater brat more!" Velvette shouted.