1.4 Soap 🧼

Possum: Tw: Implied childhood trauma, keeping secrets.

Lmk if I should add.

'Think I just remembered something

I think I left the faucet running

Now my words are filling up the tub

Darling, you're just soaking in it

But I know you'll get out the minute

You notice all your fingers pruning up

I'm tired of being careful, gentle

Trying to keep the water warm

Let me under your skin

Uh-oh, there it goes

I said too much, it overflowed

Why do I always spill?' ~Soap, Melanie Martinez ♥️ 

~~~Vox: That night: ~~~

It was late, really late. But, Vox really needed to get at least some of this done before tomorrow.

No one would care if he didn't, not really, but he refused to let himself get behind on work.

Valentino walked into the room grunting exaggeratedly as he sat down beside Vox.

"Hey." Vox greets, not even turning to look at him.

"Ughhhh!!!" Was the only response Vox got back.

"How is she?" Vox asks him, still going through some paperwork, the blue lights of the screens above him illuminating the room.

"She's fine. Woke up and wanted to play, so we had a dance party. She played on her ipad while I fixed her hair for the night, she ate food that kitty made for her, and after an hour of screaming and crying, I finally got her to go to sleep." Val explains. "You really shouldn't let her sleep so late in the day, you know how she gets when she's like this."

"Yeah, I know. She kinda just passed out, I couldn't stop it." Vox explains.

Val hums. "Well, anyway. Kitty is watching her now. So, we won't have any more problems tonight."

Vox wouldn't exactly call watching Velvette a problem. Actually he never would, anyday. It would be incredibly rude considering how many times she had watched him when he's in a little headspace. "Any idea what happened?" Vox asks Val.

"No, she didn't want to talk to me either." Val says.

"Something must have happened. Usually she's so good at taking a break when she needs it." Vox says, thinking out loud.

"Personally, I don't understand you and Velvette's insistence on acting like children when you're upset." Valentino says. "It doesn't solve your problems, does it?"

"Oh, like you don't regress just as often as she does?" Vox mocks.

Valentino huffs. "How many times do I have to tell you, I do not regress?" Val asks.

"And how many times do I have to tell you that I'm literally the one who takes care of you when you do?!" Vox asks loudly.

"Please." Val rolls his eyes. "Someone like me, acting like a child? Nonsense."

Vox rolls his eyes too. "More like a deranged moth creature- oh wait, that's just everyday you. Nevermind."

Valentino scoffs, curling his hand like a rich old woman. "Whatever, I'm going to bed." Val gets up and starts walking away. "If you know what's good for you, you'll do the same."