10. FEELINGS

I started working on pending cases, and there was one in particular that caught my attention

I started working on pending cases, and there was one in particular that caught my attention. I was so invested in this case that I read all the reports and evidence.

Something crossed my mind and to confirm my instincts, I need a few more pieces of evidence and reports that I will get tomorrow.

This case seems simple, but there's something about it that makes it complicated, and it feels like I know what it is. But how did my dad miss this? He was working on this case too, so why didn't this simple thing catch his attention?

After finishing my study on the case, I finally figured out why everyone missed this small thing, but don't worry, tomorrow this case will be solved.

I was so absorbed in my work that I didn't even notice that everyone else had left the bureau because it was time to go.

Then I got a call from Kartik, and I knew I had to meet him. So, I told my dad and Esha that I would be late, and they left.

I arrived at his apartment and when he opened the door, I noticed that he still looked the same but with a noticeable glow up, you could say. But still he is a moron.

I was kind of staring at him like a weirdo until he interrupted me and said, "Stop looking at me... like you"' He paused and then started grinning like an idiot and smirked plastered on his idiotic face.

I quickly jumped in and continued, "Like I want to punch your stupid face." I smirked.

"Huff, you bitch, why did you come so late?" he dramatically exclaimed.

"Ahh I was stuck in some case"
I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Hnn ...waise sach sach bata ki tere dimag finally akal aa gyi aur tu bhabhi ko miss kr rha tha isliye aaya wapas aaya na Mumbai se",he said with a wide smile.

(Oh please tell me the truth that finally common sense came to your mind and you came because you were missing bhabhi that's why you came back from Mumbai)

I didn't say anything, but a slight smile appeared on my face.
He looked at me in shock and finally snapped out of it.

"No way, seriously? I was just kidding but seriously... you... I mean ...do you like her?", he said whispered last part slowly.

I smiled because i know there is no way i'll hide this from him and nod at him.

"Kab, Kahan aur kaise ?" he yelled at me, completely shocked.

(When, where and how)

"Abbey shant reh, kaan ke parde phaadne ka irada hai kya, gadha kahin ka," I said while covering both of my ears.

(Hey Man, stay calm, do you intend to tear the curtains of my, you donkey?)

"Tell me from the beginning, everything, I repeat, everything," he said with such enthusiasm, like a kid who is excited for hearing bedtime stories.