prologe (1)

Hamato Yoshi was a yung ninjitsu mater who lived in Japan. He was the strongest in his clan, he had a wife named Tan Shen whom he merryed a year ago and and now they were weiting for their first child, she was pregnant.
His life was peacful and pleany, he was even anounced to be the next head of his clan when his grandfather dies due to his old age at some time. Nothing could be better then what he thought was bound to stay forever... And his childhood best friend, Oroku Saki, knew it. He was jelous sick. Yoshi got to keep his beloved Tan Shen, he was the favorite before their grandfather's eyes and he was even to be the next head of the clan!

Saki's rage increaced every second, minute, day, week, month... He tryed to sabotage Yoshi's reputation but it never worked... He would always try to steal Tan Shen but... She knew who she loved and for sure it wasn't him.
When Miwa, Shen's and Yoshi's daughter, was born, he thought he could steal his friend's life by showing Shen how good he was with kids... But again, it didn't work.
Time passed and Saki couldn't contine with his increacing jelousy, so one day, late at nigth, he defied Yoshi to see who was better, who was the one to get to keep the life Yoshi had builted among the years. Of course, Hamato Yoshi didn't accept the Challenge, he had worked so hard to get where he was to just give it all up over empty words from a jelous soul. It was not worth it.

But Saki never stoped tissing. His mean coments started to really get inyo Yoshi's mind.

'Shen should be mine, not yours!'

'you won't be a good head of the clan, you'r not good enough'

'you think you're smart but i'm sure no one would want you if i make them belive you'r a jerk!!'

This went on for a while. Saki was getting desperate, watching as Yoshi seemed to be ignoring him. His rage became out of control and he finnaly attacked Yoshi.
At first it was just Saki who seemed to be seriously trying to injure his opoonent. But at some point Yoshi had had enough and joined the violance. They pushed eachother inside the house, fall over some ligthed candles and set everything on fire.
Tan Shen, who knew something was wrong from the moment Yoshi told her he was leaving to meet with Saki, who wanted to talk to him, rushed to them to try and stop the figth. She left her baby carefuly on some cozzy looking grass near a tree where she was safe before running in the middle of the figth to stop it...

What a mistake...

Saki, not knowing Shen had stepped it the middle, ended up stabbing her on the chest. A deadly blow.
Both men felt their hearst stop for a moment when Tan Shen toched the floor, lifeless. The figth stopped and Saki couldn't belive what had happend, what he had done... He freezed there, watching as Yoshi took his wife and dragged her outside before the roof colapsed. Saki got traped unther the burning wood and, eventualy, died....

Yoshi dragged his wife out of the burning dojo and quikly noticed his daughter lying on the floor, crying from the cold. He took the little baby on his arms and calmed her down as good as he could. He then looked back at his wife. Tears run down his face and not too long after he was screaming his lungs out in pain..
Sirens from the firetrucks could be heared from the long distance...

.
.
.

Months later, Yoshi was still in japan but nothing was how he thought life would be before his wife and best friend died. It tourns out, Saki tryed to convince everyone that he had rage problems so he wouldn't become the head of the clan but no body belived him. Now that it's well known the cause of the accident, he was denyes the honer of that titel... And he was later kicked out because everyone blamed him, even when the law excupled him from the incident.
Now he was alone, no friends, no clan, no wife... Just hin and his daughter... Everything was depressing and this went on for five years. The only ligth that kept him from comiting suicide was his lovely daughter, miwa, who, to his eyes, looked just like Shen

One day he was going to pick up his little princess from school when he accidentally bumped against someone in the middle of the street. He didn't notices what had happend but soon he saw the lady he accidentally pushed to the floor. He heared her swear something in English so he decided to talk to her in English.

Yoshi: oh, sorry ma'am. May i help you -

???: ma'am? Do i look that old to you?

Her sweet and moking voice captivated yoshi for a second as he helped the girl getting up. She was a tourist, for her accent he deducted she was canedian. She was a rare mix, Dark brown skin with ligth blue eyes and barely noticabe frickles.
She stood up with the help of the men and put her cloths in order before noticing how he was still staring at her.

???: sir? Are you ok? Don't worry, i bump into people very often, it wasn't your foult.

Yoshi: may- may i know you'r name?

???: my name? I'm Audre, and who are you sopose to be mr 'may i'?

Yoshi: my name is Hamato Yoshi. I am sorry for bumping on you.

Audre: don't worry, where you heading somwhere important?

Yoshi: yes, to pick up my daughter from school.

Audre: oh, so you have a daughter, that's nice! Hey, you know where i can find a nice place to eat around here? I am not verry good at japonese and your the first japonese i meet who can speack English.

For a moment Yoshi thought twice before anwsering the lady. She was being nice and polite and... She had something special...

Yoshi: yeah, of course! Do you mind coming with me to pick up my daughter first? We can go to a nice place a know after.

Audre: i'm down!

.
.
.

After that day they changed numbers and somehow ended up seing eachother almosy every day.
She came here for business and she was staying for two months. She was from Canada but lived in new york. She worked as a technological engineer and came to japan to lear more about the newest advancements about that. Her mother was from Nigeria, she had the oportunity to leave to study in another country, USA. There, she met a boy from toronto who was doing an exchange with the school for a year. That boy was her father, he was a football player who also loved arts and crafts, a really weird combinacion.

Yoshi was fascinated with this girl, Audre was brilliant, creative, strong and liable. She even volunteeared to babysit miwa when he had to work extra houers for a cupple of weekands.
They quikly grow together a lot in just thoes two months.

But, unfortunaly, the day in which she had to leave came and he wasn't prepared to let her go. They acompanied her to the airpord to say their last good byes...

Yoshi: we'll miss you a lot Audre, it... It was a pleasure to meet you.

Audre: Yoshi, the pleasure is mine. I never thought i would meet new people here, in Japan... People so important...

They stayed silance for a moment. Miwa was being held by Yoshi but soon she realised her new best friend who also babysitef her was about to leave. She quickly asked to be held by her and started crying. So did Audre and even Yoshi.

Yoshi: do you really have to leave?

His words, begging at her to stay. She looked up at him and put a hand on his cheek. She wiped a tear away and smiled.

Audre: do you really have to stay?

Thoes simple words made Yoshi open his eyes and rethink his life again. Did he really want to stay here? Where his past was constantly hunting him? Saki and Shen were long dead, his clan didn't want him and he couldn't give miwa the life that he wanted for her. He had no reason to stay here... But he had now a reason to leave.

He put his hand over Audre's and smiled softly. She understood his missage and smiled as wild as she could. She then looked at the little girl on her arms.

Audre: miwa-chan... Don't you cry, we'll meet again soon. Very soon.

Yoshi: yes miwa, we'll see her soon.

With that, she brougth Yoshi's face closer to her's and they kissed. Miwa didn't understand what was happening but didn't say anything. She just let her weigth be held now by her father again as she saw Audre walking away.

Yoshi: hey sweet hear, do you wanna live with Audre?

Miwa: yesh!

Yoshi: then let's get our luggage. We'll take the next fligth we can.