Chapter Five

She was close...

Xavier's eyes opened slowly, as he became aware of all that surrounded him. The large throne room had been occupied by Leviathan heirs for centuries. He lifted his arms slowly. His eyes were observing the slide of red silk as it drifted down his arm. His pale flesh glowed in the dark of the chamber. His eyes roamed the healing flesh there. He inhaled the cold air that was common in the large chamber, the carving of sea gods battling dragons and beast of the deep lined the columns.

His lips stretched slowly as he licked his lips, the ironic sweetness firing his blood. He pushed up and left the throne. His red robe was trailing behind him as he widened his senses. She'd be far, but now she was close, away from the protection of Araya. He smirked, as he called out, "Jakub!"

"Sire!"

He smiled when he saw Jakub on bended knee outside. The male was like him with iron eyes. Only they weren't pure. A trace of green, showed him to be lower than a Leviathan. Jakub's blonde hair was tied back, his uniform, as usual, was clean and pressed. "The płomień (flame) is near."

Jakub jerked his head up at this, his eyes slightly wide. His sire had mentioned his flame only once before. It'd been prior to him taking his three-day rest.

Rising, Jakub placed a hand over his heart before straightening, "Do you wish for us to possess this płomień for you, sire?"

"No," Xavier said, his eyes showing his eagerness for a hunt, "Not yet. Instead, I would have our meeting with Erik. He grows impatient, and though I do enjoy his frustration, it is time we answered the man."

"Yes, sire."

With that, Jakub followed Xavier to his chamber to change and ready himself for the day. Their sire rarely smiled or showed human emotions. Maybe every twenty years he found something interesting to play with, but soon after he'd become bored and remain in his throne room till something exciting happened.

Over this singular year, his king had shown eagerness, happiness, and rage. The last one had been enough to cause all that served him to fall to their knees. One subordinate had been foolish enough to turn a human female over to the Lykan's, now known as his sires płomień. He wondered what his sire found in the female.

Jakub felt sorry for her, as she'd caught his king's attention. A Leviathan rarely gave up their prey until it was either fully destroyed or claimed.

~E.L.K~

"It's nice to see you here, my love."

Stella bit back an insult when Christian threw an arm over her shoulder. Instead, she settled on elbowing him in the gut. "Who are you calling your love, huh~!"

He smiled down at her, "Why you love. You're the one who brought me the beauty Lilah, the goddess Lilah," he motioned to the sky with flourish.

"Ugh, stop." Stella shoved at him, irritated, "I did no such thing. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have had to turn the RTE on its head."

"Me?" Christian said affronted, pressing a hand to his chest. "I believe it was someone's little act of fire and flash that caused that bit of action."

Stella chose to ignore that statement, only for her to glance away and meet an open look of curiosity from Tammie.

"So—, how do you two..." she trailed, motioned between them.

Seeing this, Christian smirked, he moved his arm from Stella's shoulders and reaching out he took Tammie's hand and pressed his lips to the back, "I believe the tale of our meeting would be too much for such a fair maiden." He said with a fake British accent.