Chapter One

Her pain, was his salvation.

Xavier did not know whom to thank for the two days of darkness that swallowed his chosen mate, but he would gladly thank them. Even as she'd trembled in his arms, he'd held her tight to his body. His eyes seeing the tears that fell from her eyes, as the abyss held her suspended.

He'd wandered amongst Stella's dreams placing himself as her savior, and benefactor. He'd waltzed with her in his arms, and seduced her in the darkened corners of clubs. Even now, as they slept in a bed of his imagination, a large behemoth of a thing; with the two of them wrapped around each other.

Her hand rested innocently over his heart that had never known a beat, she breathed in and out gently. The heat, the fire he'd been searching for, lit her hair, and flickered back and forth lazily. The warm glow of the ever-setting sun was viewable in the distance, the wind that was ever blowing brought with it a sweet tropical scent.

He hadn't known such bliss, though he knew his pleasure came from her pain. Her wails and screams had pulled him in, and drawn him to this place.

Still he wouldn't have her freed, he wished for her to remain in this place of darkness and to never be released.

Even as she shifted, her chestnut colored skin held a red tinge, just like the fire that had taken her hair over, and spilled over her shoulder. Her amber eyes almost glowed, as she revealed them to him. His breathe caught, and his hand tightened on her nude hip. His hunger grew as he watched this being, this creature, awaken in his arms. Her eyes sharpened on his face, and just like a light exploded her lips parted giving view to white teeth as she smiled at him. Her heart was in her eyes, and like the selfish beast that he was, he coveted it.

He'd been furious when he'd returned to his dorm, only to find that his guard had allowed the Lykan's entry and to leave with her. The minute he'd touched her, he'd known she was the one, and that he wouldn't live, without her fire against his cold skin.

How many centuries had it been since a Leviathan had taken a mortal as a mate. He leaned forward, burying his nose in her throat. In this space, she couldn't evade his touch, and the bitterness and anger he'd seen in her eyes when they were in the human realm didn't touch her here.

"...How long have you been watching?" She asked, her voice husky with sleep.

His lips brushed against her shoulder, as she shifted closer to him rising, as she pulled her head away from him. "Xavi?"

He gave in, and peered into her eyes and said intently, "Forever."

She blinked, and laughed brightly, shaking her head, the flames trailing her hair going out. Revealing thick, slightly curl locks of brown and black hair. She mocked glared at him, "You're a creeper."

"Your creeper," he said, smirking as he let his hand trail her hand.

The beauty of the moment so captured him, that he almost wished he could tell her it was all dream. But he didn't dare, tell her it was a dream and that she was truly still imprisoned in a cold place, a place he, in all his power; couldn't seem to reach.

She lifted her hand out to brush his pitch-black hair from his forehead, only for her hand to stop and her body to stiffen.

Seeing this alerted him to a change, he pushed up, straightening, "Stella?"

She lost the color in her cheeks, and slowly as if against her force she stared at something he couldn't see.

"...No," she whimpered, as she shook her head, "I-I don't want to go!" She wailed, before she threw her body against his, her eyes still forward, "Don't take me!"