Chapter Two

Chapter Two.

"Are you shitting me?!"

Stella shouted glaring at Poliv, an open folder in front of her. "There is no way I can work in the Black market!"

Poliv cringed away from her, but hardened his stance when nothing shot at him. "You applied for the intern summer program. It isn't up to you where you go, the black market is the one who put in the request for help."

"To go there, you have to have defensive magic!"

And Stella had little to no control over her flames, sure, she could use earth and wind...maybe, but fire was her go to. And right now, her relationship with her fire wasn't the best. "When I said security, I was considering something more like...computer security."

"Computers?" Poliv repeated before releasing a laugh, choking when Stella's eyes narrowed on him. "Um, darling. There isn't any computer security needed amongst our people. The BM needs patrollers, and to be honest. It's been getting harder and harder to maintain safety when the factions keep struggling for power."

"Factions? I thought the BM was neutral?" Stella asked, she didn't want to go to the Black Market. It was the center place for magic, where any being worth their salt shopped. Because of the variety of things that went on there, there was a security that kept peace. As Capricorns kept to their own realm it was rare that they ever went. Shaking she lifted a hand to stop him from talking, "Look...change this, I can't do it."

Turning she left his office, she couldn't go to the BM. It wasn't a place one like her should go, it was known that if a being caught the curiosity of someone there. They may find themselves on the chopping block.

She would have much rather spent her summer regaining control of her elements. She felt like she was losing more of herself every time she failed to control her flames. She wasn't one to whine about much, Stella was used to dealing with the hard knocks, still it was hard to have a piece of your soul want you dead.

She exited the main building, and paused smelling the familiar cold in the air. Werewolves, she watched as Arrow made his way across the campus, his pack following closely behind. Her lips curled up, she hated them on sight.

Olive didn't realize how much Stella despised them, it was hard to even be around Lucian, or Christian, though both men had proven to be alright. Stella had to hold back the urge to harm anyone, it was a constant struggle to not reach out and simply burn them and herself, all to a crisp. Her fist was curled at her side, and she shook her hand to get rid of the tension. She then turned on her heel, god alone knew what she would do if werewolves happened to cause a problem.

It was all Cole's fault! If she could go back, she wouldn't have been so stupid.

If she never again let herself for a moment practice that accursed emotion, she would be fine.

Marching back to the dorm, she was determined to decline Polivs offer. She would not go.

**

Dreams, Stella was growing heartily sick of them.

As she stood watching the ballroom, she knew something wasn't right. She usually dreamed of food, or horrible professors. But this dream of ball rooms and roses was becoming a nightly routine, especially after her stint in Teira.

"You've come."

Turning she faced the iron eyed male, who'd become a recurring theme in her dreams. "Where else would I have been?"

He smirked, he was handsome in a way that was deadly. She knew danger when she saw it, she just couldn't figure out how, and why he was dangerous.

"Moy Ogon, you don't remember me." It wasn't a question, and it held a bit of chastisement.