Chapter Thirteen

Once they met a pale Grigori, they were all pale, but he seemed paler; than the other two. Stella was forced to take a cloak, which hung in the air by the open door of the carriage. Taking it, she felt her cheeks heat when Xavier helped her clasp it and lifted her easily into the carriage.

Taking a seat inside, she took a deep breath as she watched him enter and sit across from her. As soon as he sat, she wanted to scream and jump out. The man swallowed up space easily. His magnetism nearly choked her. She had to repeat over and over in her head, all the things he'd done. Kidnapping, forced mating, forced kisses...ah, and now she was thinking about his lips.

Her eyes were currently staring at them.

"Are you done looking?" His voice and the sudden jerk of the carriage pulled her from her lustful thoughts.

She jerked her eyes up, only to narrow them. He was laughing at her, when he coughed she narrowed them to slits, he was definitely laughing at her. So instead of acting like a wilted flower, she spoke boldly, "You and I, both know you're handsome...If not a little girly looking and—big headed." She added and smirked when he frowned.

She fussed with her skirt, "Not that I'm into the whole overgrown poet look."

"No, you're more into gruff, and scruffy wolves, right?"

Ooh, he was mad, wait, she lost her amusement and instead of feeling the sting of his comeback she asked, "Why did you pick wolves?"

"What?"

"I said, why did you choose wolves of all things?"

He shrugged, turning his gaze towards the open window, "You seemed friendly with the Lykan, and a Lykan is who saved you the last time."

Stella blinked, her eyes becoming thoughtful before a thunderous sound went off in her head, "OH! MY! GOD! You're that creepy dude who took me from Wicked Sandwich!"

The look he shot her at that loud realization, almost made her feel stupid, almost.

"Jesus, who would think having a panic attack would lead to this." She motioned to the two of them, then she clicked her tongue, "Doesn't that mean you're a student at our school?"

She gave him a long considering look, "I've never seen you on campus, I'm sure I would have spotted you, I mean," she quickly added seeing his cocky grin, "You're not unnoticeable."

He lifted a brow, and that lifted brow caused a bigger reaction then it should. She wanted to reach over and rip it off his face, but instead of doing something so extra, she settled further back and decided to ignore him.

The rest of the ride was spent watching the passing scenery, and her pointedly not looking at the man, who kept staring at her

.

~E.L.K~

By the time they arrived at the capital of his Kingdom, Xavier didn't need his bond to tell him she felt relief as the door open. Her expression had relaxed, and the hands that had a death grip on the window had loosened. She jerked her gaze to the door. Her eyes widened with some excitement. She scooted across the bench and eagerly took Grigori's hand as he helped her out.

Xavier was still recovering from the shaky feeling of a need to kill, that had overcome him when she'd smiled at Grigori, "Finally." She said as she exited.

He had to clench and unclench his hands at the feeling of jealousy that had taken him over. He felt the need to rip Grigori's smile off his face. Forcing his expression to its well-cultivated blankness, he exited right after her.