Chapter Six

His płomień stood before him boldly facing him and his men. Not an ounce of fear in her eyes. He also noticed no recognition in her eyes. This angered him, but he kept his expression bland.

Her cheeks were flushed, and her eyes were sparkling. She glanced at the groaning man at her feet, back to them. She jerked her chin up, defiant in their presence.

"...It was a thief. I was capturing him."

Jakub jerked his attention to the man on the ground and asked. "And, you couldn't get the authorities to handle this miscreant?"

"They weren't there, and I was faster," she said simply, stepping on the man's hand, that he was reaching out towards the bag. "...And closer," she lifted a single brow, "Or are you saying I shouldn't have done anything?"

"You have a sharp tongue," Jakub stepped forward, "Do you not know to whom you speak?"

"Vampires," she said. Bending, she brushed her hands across the ground. Vines were sprouting to wrap around the man, forcing him to rise as well. She grabbed the bag shoving the items that'd fallen back in before she straightened and threw the bag over her shoulder. She gave them a saucy look, "Anything else I need to know?"

"You—!"

Xavier jerked his hand up, causing both his first in command and Jakub to retreat. "We don't usually see your kind near this area," he motioned to black pole. "Black areas are predominantly for demon and vampire kind...it's the darker side of the market."

She smirked, her eyes flashing challenge, "Yeah, well when you can tell me what my kind is, then you can tell me what I am capable of or not." With that, she turned dismissing him and his entourage, and walked away with the vine following, carrying the terrified looking thief.

With a single step, he was standing before her. His larger form was imposing and blocking her path. "I believe you will require an escort back."

~E.L.K~

"Escort?"

Stella frowned, she'd been forced to stop due to the large vampire currently blocking her path. He was a big one. She was used to large men. After all, she'd grown up with her large brothers. Hell, even Christian was a good size. Yet, something about the probing eyes staring down at her made her uncomfortable.

"I'm fine. I can find my way." She said, making sure her voice was strong. Taking a step to go around him, she found her way blocked once more.

Releasing a frustrated sigh, she glared up at the annoying vamp, "Look, I don't know if this is how you bloodsuckers hit on girls, but...," she motioned to his form. "This won't get you any from me." She crossed her arms, "So, do me a favor and move!"

He didn't say anything for a long second, and Stella grimly wondered if she would have to shove a tree up his a—, "I don't seek anything from you, only your safety."

His words cut into her thoughts, stalling her mental rant. He smirked, his eyes lighting for a moment. "It wouldn't be gentlemanly if I allowed you to return with," he glanced at the thief. His eyes were growing cold, "Him alone."

She pressed her lips together. She didn't want to be in this guy's presence longer than she needed to be. He made her nervous. Even now, her palms were growing sweaty. "I'm more capable than you think. Don't assume every pussycat is weak," she snapped. A hard gust of wind slammed forward, but to her surprise, he didn't move. Instead, he smiled.

"I am aware, but I insist."

Seeing that she wasn't going to get rid of him easily, she released a put-upon sigh before tossing the bag at him. "Fine, but don't expect my number, a kiss, or the cookie. I know some books make girls seem easy," she shot him a deadly look, her eyes flashing warning. "I'm not one of them." With that, she marched off. The vines were holding the thief behind her.