Part 5: Adam

It's silent.

I'm back at my room... Alone... except for the bottle of whiskey at the table.

I turned the radio on to break the silence and so John Meyer's "Slow Dancing in a burning room " played on the background. Damn this sure is lonely.

I'm still thinking about my mom. She's a good person, a good mom. Sweet, caring, loving and always smiling. I remember when I was in kindergarten, kids would laugh at me because my coloring book is so nasty since I can't color things well. I went home crying but she let me sat on her lap and guided my hand with hers as I colored her designs. Whenever I'm in any pain, she'll just smile at me and say that everything will be alright. I love my mom. She's the only one who believes in me, even if I fail to believe in myself. Just the thought of her dying kills me deep inside. There should be something I can do... Something quick.

So I pulled out the piece of cardboard from my pocket- Kris Taylor's number.

I dialed the number and he answered it quick as if he's expecting me.

"So you finally decided?" he asked

"How did you know it was me?" I wondered.

"Coz I made a background check on you already... I know every little thing about you from your ugly primary school drawings up to the last red underwear you bought three months ago."

I was amazed! So this is what a CEO of a big company can do, "Well, uhm. Yes I will-"

He did not made me finish my talk. "Ok meet me tomorrow at my office, eight a.m. sharp."

The call ended. Well that was fast.

And with that, I ended the day and slept at mister couch- my true friend.

***

I woke up with the sound of my cockatoo alarm clock, it's 6:30 already.

I gulped the remaining whiskey on my table and groggily tried to stand, I failed two times but I actually did stood up. I took a quick shower and just put on any viable clothing from my cabinet, a Black T-shirt with a mickey mouse logo this time. It took me some time to arrange my shoulder level curly hair but I manage to get out of the house at seven.

 I reached his office thirty minutes later, damn I'm so fast despite being emotionally unstable and drunk.

His office was still close, I'm sure I'm on the right spot since there is a large sign of his name embroidered at the top of the door. I sat down on a chair on the side of the alley, there are only a few people around- five females who I think are in charge of guests, and two security guards. I checked my watch just to make sure it's already quarter to eight, I have doubts that I came too early, but yes my time is right. I waited for another thirty minutes but still, there's no sign of him. Now I wonder if I'm on the right building, or if I'm still sleeping and this is just a dream.

A couple of minutes passed and I finally saw him entering the building, he's like an hour late (yet he told sharp). He came towards me with his assistant. I stood from my seat as he came near.

"Good morning hot ass." he said as he blinked his right eye as if he's seducing me. He grabbed my butt with his right hand  for a split second as he proceeded into opening his office. What's wrong with this guy? Is he gay or something?

He sat in his throne while his assistant stayed at his back, just like some kind of a movie.

"Take a sit." he said and it was a command.

I sat on the same chair as yesterday. "Well, good morning."

He handed me a compilation of papers. I took them and browsed.

"That's the contract." he said, "Your job description under me is written there."

"O-okay."

"That's a handful of words because my assistant is in the mood for typing yesterday but let me summarize it for you." He started, "First, she must not know that you're working for me. Second, you must do every means to get close to her and gain her trust. Third, you must report to me all her whereabouts anytime I want . Fourth, you should do your best to keep her away from dorky guys. By dorky guys, I mean EVERY guy other than me. And lastly, you must not fall in love with her." Now he's staring at me as if his eyes are piercing my innocent soul, then he giggled softly, "Just kidding about that last one, coz I know you won't". His assistant giggled with him. This day is getting weirder and weirder.

I signed the contract (as he called it), then he gave me a letter. "This is an endorsement letter from her most trusted manpower agency. Just give it to her and she'll hire you immediately."

And I did what he said.