Part 9: Monica

I really don't know if I was myself last night. I invited my PA for dinner, I gave him the favor of having his salary early, and then I 'volunteered' to accompany him to visit her mother at the hospital. I'm not sure if it's the effect of the beer or he has this 'something' which makes me feel so high. Regardless, I should get up now.

It's 9 am and I'll be going to the countryside, 8 hours away. I made my hot tea and toasted a piece of buttered bread, the sound of the bread popping out the machine officially started my day.

I met Adam at the bus station, we need to take public transportation since neither of us knows the way. He wears a rather thick clothing for the weather, while I wear a rather sexy stuff (believe me I always does, it's in my DNA).

We sat together in a seat for two, haven't done this in years (or decades).

"You excited?" I asked

"I don't know." He answered, "I wanna see her, but not in a bad shape."

"She'll be fine, okay?" I said trying to be comforting.

He just stared outside the window, looking at the farthest his eyes can see.

"You're so kind." He suddenly broke the silence.

I am kind he said? Those simple words dug into my veins, to my bones then to my soul. I am also not sure what I am doing, I haven't done this to someone before. Perhaps because every person around me is either so rich, powerful, famous or self centered- and then this guy came. Being with someone who's so fragile and weak somehow opened a new part of me I only knew now. Halfway on the trip, I held his hand unconsciously. I only realized my hand is touching his after five minutes, but he doesn't seem to mind. His hand was warm and soft.

I'm not the type who sleeps on trips so I always try to wake him up so I have someone to talk to. We talked about fashion (which he knows quite a lot, I'm amazed), and food, and high school and how annoying pets are. Then we talked about love.

"How many girlfriends have you had before?"

"That's actually a hard question." He responded, "You know I'm not handsome and all."

I looked at him in the face, "So you mean you never had a girlfriend?"

"I never said that." He said with a smile

"There's only one thing to prove it." I said.

"What?"

"Kiss me."

He was astounded, "Are you serious? In this bus?"

"Yes." I said as I pressed myself in his body, he might have felt my boobs by now.

He's trying to push me aside softly so as not to offend me, "No no, I mean that would be cool but..."

I composed myself and sat like a decent lady, "You're probably gay."

He tried to defend himself but too late, I'm on my earphones now (probably to insult him though I don't really mean it).

A couple of hours later and we're finally at the place. It's past 6 pm already and in the middle of twilight. We dropped by a convenience store to get some refreshments and probably to rest our warm asses.

We reached the hospital by a cab and this is where the atmosphere becomes heavy. I never really liked hospitals- the smell, the people in white, the pills, the needles, everything! Good thing is that I'm not the patient this time.

We were met by his aunt Marie, a big blonde woman with thick eyeglasses who is probably around 40s.

"Thank God you arrived safe." Her aunt said as she gave him a BIG hug.