Part 10: Adam

Adam

A week had passed since we visited mother. I have to say that the visit did gave me a new strength to keep moving forward. After the visit, Monica and I had a tour around a mountain trek which I think she enjoyed so much. She appeared teary eyes the whole time but she said it was because of her terrible phobia of snakes and just the thought of the possibility of snakes appearing makes her weep already. I have to say that she had been so kind to me ever since that day, it's kinda creeping me out really, but I can say that I'm lucky that she came to my life. Damn, am I in love with her already? The situation is like this, she's a definition of perfection so it's normal that men would fall in love with her. Perhaps, whoever will be her PA would normally fall in her charms. In this regard, I think I'm just suffering something that is a "normal" reaction. DAMN!

But is she in love with me? I don't know if that question is right, but everyone in her workplace would say that she had never been so kind to anyone before. I don't wanna make assumptions but there is a probability of anything. Remember, she even asked me to kiss her (and now I think I should have taken that opportunity). Here I am again in my world of fantasy.

My daydreaming should have been any better but "When you wish upon a star" played, someone's calling me. And it was the person I had almost forgotten- Kris Taylor, his royal highness.

"Hello." I answered.

"I hope you know exactly why I called."

I sighed, "Yeah it's about that spying thing."

"Good." He affirmed, "Tell me the progress of your mission."

"It's going good."

"That's it?"

I'm rubbing my temple now, "Hey look. I don't mean to disappoint you but can I just quit the job?"

He laughed like a villain (which he seems to do so well), "Are you kidding me?"

"Uhm... No?"

"YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT!"

He sounds scary so I swallowed my words.

"Hey look. Tomorrow night will be announcement of the 2 finalists of the Designing contest for the Grand Gala." He said, "I'll be there, I know my darling Monica will be there too."

"O-Okay."

"I don't wanna see her with another man do you get it?" He sounds so powerful as usual.

"Y-yah, Okay." I stuttered, "Does it include me?"

He made another laugh, this one's louder, "No. You ain't got dick anyway."

"Wait what?"

And all I heard next is the static. What's wrong with this guy?

Monica did told me about this Designers' competition before (in front of the burritos). I would also want to be in that night to see the showcase of designs from the pros, it's every newbies' big dream.

Monica called me on the phone, it's weekends so she probably knows I'm home.

"Hey Adam."

"Hi boss."

"You're funny" She said, "Can you remember when I told you about the Designers' competition?"

I did saw this coming, "Yeah."

"That's actually tonight. Would you mind escorting me?"

I did saw this coming too, "You sure?"

"Absolutely sure. Be on your best suit."