Your a Monster

A/N: Warning in Advance, this chapter will abruptly cut from Kuro's PoV to third person. As for why, well read and find out. Anywho as promised, this is the 1st part of the conclusion to the Kurumi Arc. My longest chapter so far. I think. I'm sorry, it would be a single chapter, but it was growing a bit long. Anywho Read on. Also, there may be one song I posted that I felt was appropriate at a certain part as I was writing.. You don't have to listen to it, but you can if you want.

Fraxinus, Early Morning

Kotori: "Reine."

In the bridge of <Fraxinus>, Kotori called for Reine who was seated slightly closer to the commander's seat.

However, she did not give a reply. Kotori curiously peeped at Reine's side, and then tilted her head.

The monitor beside Reine was showing Mana's face for some reason, furthermore the image was zoomed in. Reine made a complicated face as she stared at the image.

Kotori: "Reine? Is there something wrong with Mana?"

Reine: "?!"

At that moment, Reine seemed to finally realize Kotori's existence. Reine looked at Kotori with her eyes that had dark eyebags.

Reine: "...Kotori huh.... Nn, there's something."

Saying that, she manipulated the controls with experienced hands. After which, the image zoomed out, and Mana's face shrank away from the screen.

Reine: ".... Aside from that, how's Shin?"

Kotori: "He's just a little uneasy, but he should be alright after talking with Tohka."

Reine: " Is that so?"

Reine slightly nodded to herself, suddenly raising her head.

Reine: "...Aaah, that's right. The analyzing job that you had asked for has already been completed."

To Reine's words, Kotori's eyebrows twitched.

A few days ago, she had passed Mana's hair and saliva samples, obtained a few days prior, to Reine to conduct a DNA test.

Kotori: "Then........ what's the result?"

Reine: "Nn, Mana, is without a doubt Shido and Kuro's blood-related sister."

Kotori: "Is, is that so.... "

Kotori forcefully swallowed, stroking her chest with her hand. Although it wasn't unexpected........... But, she still felt uneasy.

Kotori: "Real...sister, huh. Then why would that girl be with the AST... "

Reine: " You're wrong."

As though she was trying to interrupt Kotori, Reine sounded out.

Reine: " I did some investigations on my own, it seems that that is not the case at all."

Kotori: "What do you mean?"

Reine: "...She's not a self-defense member at all, but a transferred member from DEM Industries."

Kotori: "DEM Industries.... ?"

A corporation based in England that is one of the largest in the world. Aside from <Ratatoskr>'s matrix, it is the only known industry that is able to manufacture Realizer Units. Including the Self Defense Forces, the Realizer units currently equipped by the world's military and police forces, can be said to be all made by DEM.

This is because, due to their enthusiasm in hunting down the spirits, they are considered economical rivals with <Ratatoskr> that Kotori belongs to.