Chapter 4 - Kennedy

Nico drove us to his apartment in his fancy Maserati. Wherever he'd been these past six years—it was obvious that he'd done very well for himself. I tried not to look overly impressed. Even his apartment was screaming wealth.

When he led me in and shut the door behind me, I looked around his place in awe. It looked like the kind of apartment which had been personally decorated by a professional.

"So, what do you do now?" I asked. Nico led us to his living room, which had a sweeping view of Seattle. There was a bar in the corner of the room, where he was busy arranging drinks.

"A bit of this and that. My family is involved in the construction business," he replied.

Nico had poured himself some whisky and was bringing over a bottle of beer for me. I took it from him and cradled it in my hands.

"So, you work with your family?" I asked. Nico walked over to the glass that covered the stretch of an entire wall.

"Something like that," he replied and tucked a hand into the pocket of his jeans. I watched him as he stood looking at the view. His shoulders were wide and muscular. His jeans were fitted making his butt look absolutely delicious.

What was I doing here? He'd invited me to his apartment for a particular reason, right?

I gulped down some more beer. It seemed like he wasn't thoroughly interested in talking about his work.

"What do you do, Kennedy?" he asked, flipping around to me again. "You seem like someone who is out saving the world or something," he added.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I don't know where you got that idea from. I'm just a regular employee at a regular corporate office. Trying to work up the ladder. All those rumors are true. It's a hellishly boring world out there. You're lucky that you get to do something that's your own," I explained.

I was smiling at him as I spoke, but Nico wasn't. A new sour kind of darkness had entered his eyes. Did I say something wrong? He was a moody man. I was constantly worried that he would suddenly change his mind.

I was so close to sleeping with him now. To fulfilling my teenage fantasy. I really hoped that the night wouldn't end like this.

"The grass is always greener," was what he said and took a long swig of his whisky.

I licked my lips and looked around the room.

"Your place is lovely. My apartment is probably just the size of this room," I commented.

Nico had his eyes on me as I walked slowly over to the paintings hanging on the walls. They were in fabulous gold frames and looked like they would be worth a lot of money.

I walked slowly along the walls, running my fingers over the art and decorations. I could sense his eyes on my body, watching the way my butt moved. I wasn't a teenager anymore, even though I wanted Nico...I was also experienced in the art of seduction. I knew he wanted me too.

I sensed him walking towards me, following me as I made my way around the room. I touched an expensive looking China vase on a table. The crystal decanter and its matching set of glasses on a tray.

I felt Nico's hand on my waist then and it made me stop. His touch was like electricity running through my body. For a moment, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

He was behind me, and his hand traveled over my stomach to the other side. I was wrapped up in his arms. I could feel his hot breath falling on my nape of my neck. He grabbed a bunch of my hair and pushed it aside. Then slowly, he was pulling my jacket off. I heard it fall with a swoosh to the floor. Nico's lips were on my skin immediately after.