Chapter 10 - Kennedy

I had an hour for lunch the next day and I met Ava at a nearby cafe. She was sipping on her green tea, while I ate a ham and cheese sandwich. I could sense her watching me closely. We had known each other long enough for her to know that there was something going on.

I wanted to tell her. I knew I needed to tell her. Ava was my closest friend, and I had no idea why I'd been keeping it a secret in the first place.

For some reason, it felt unreal to me. Like I hadn't just bumped into Nico Rossi out of the blue. Like if I told Ava, then the spell would be broken. I'd be back to reality and realize that I hadn't been sleeping with Nico.

"So, are you going to tell me about your hot date?" Ava asked. I finished chewing the sandwich and then shrugged my shoulders. It was no big deal. I was just an adult making adult decisions involving another adult man.

"It was good. It was great. He took me to this fancy restaurant, Luigi's," I told her. Ava narrowed her eyes at me, making me nervous. "You heard of it?"

She tilted her head to one side, the way she always did when she was trying to catch me out.

"Yes, everyone's heard of Luigi's. I'm not really interested in what food you had, Kenni. I'm asking you a very specific question."

I met Ava's eyes defiantly. How long was I going to keep this up?

I'd already promised myself that I would tell her the truth if I slept with Nico again. Now however, it seemed like a bad idea. I had a feeling that Ava would talk me out of it.

"What question is that?" I asked her.

"How did the date go? What did you do? You're blushing like a tomato so I know that something happened," Ava replied. She'd put down her cup of tea and was now glaring at me. She wanted answers. I'd never shut her off from my life like this.

"It went well, I just told you. We had dinner...and then he took me back to his place," I revealed.

Just a little peek. I'm not going to tell her too much.

She widened her eyes with surprise, then bit down on her lip.

"You went to his place? Where does he live? Something tells me that the sex is good?" she was smiling now, glad that I was opening up to her about it a little bit.

"It's awesome!" I couldn't control myself. I needed to tell somebody how great Nico was in bed. "He's like...I don't know how to describe it. It's like he knows exactly what to do to make me feel amazing. I come in minutes. It's never happened to me before," I was gushing like a schoolgirl now and Ava was smiling.

She leaned in closer to me over the table.

"Is he...like, big? Is that it?" she asked and I couldn't nod my head wildly enough.

"He's huge...but that's not the only thing. He's an expert...his body is...he's just so fucking hot!" I couldn't keep my voice down or hide the excitement, as much as I tried.

Ava and I giggled and then she bit down on her lip.

"So, you think you're going to see him again? Has he said anything?" she asked.

I looked down at my plate, considering picking up my sandwich again to avoid the question. This was the hard part. I didn't want to have to do this—to explain our situation to Ava.

"No, he didn't mention another date, but yes, we'll be seeing each other again," I admitted. Ava clapped her hands.

"Oh my God, Kenni! This is so exciting. You are confident that you'll see him again! Does this mean that you guys are...heading towards something?"