chapter 26

"Soo-ah!" All the girls call after her and jump up, chasing after her as she runs away. We all try comforting her but she just ignores us all.

Later that night, I walked into the empty tent—well, it wasn't entirely empty, Soo-ah was still in here—and sat on the sleeping bag next to her. "Soo-ah-ya?" I say softly, moving a piece of hair from her face. "Are you ready to talk?" She rolls over, her eyes red.

"I can't believe it, Eun-ah," Tears stream down the side of her face, "He was the one I was with longest and I like the most,"

"Soo-ah, you can't trust the lie detector 100%, you know, Jjoo likes someone but the detector said she didn't,"

"That's true," She sniffles, "But I tried multiple times,"

I hold her hand in mine, "A relationship isn't a solid one unless at some point you guys have fought or had doubts, a relationship isn't all rainbows, babe, there's the doubt part too, you're basically giving your all to a person, you can't just jump straight into that head first, especially if you're planning on being serious." I nod solemnly, "Think about it like this, where there's no doubt there's no want to be serious. If you never thought, 'what if this doesn't work out' you didn't care enough, right?"

"That's true," She sniffles again.

"Tae-hoon probably wanted to give you the best so he wanted to make sure he was good enough for you," She nods, "You wanna sleep and talk to him tomorrow about it," She nods a second time and I sit with her as she drifts off to sleep. Once she's asleep I slowly stand up and put the top of the sleeping bag over her and tiptoe out of the room. I stretch a bit and see Seo-jun walking down the path. "Oh? Han Seo-jun!" I call and wave him over. He looks at me confused before walking over to me.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you," I smile and his cold demeanor finally cracks and he smiles slightly back. We start walking down the path, bumping shoulders and talking. "How's it going with Jjoo?" I ask after a few minutes.

"I don't wanna talk about her," He groans.

"Alright..." I frown. "How's Go-woon?"

"She's great, she keeps asking to see you, I can't get her to shut up about you, 'Ha-eun unnie this,' 'Ha-eun unnie that,"

I laugh, "I miss her too and if it helps, my brother won't shut up about you either,"

"Tell him I'll come play FIFA with him after this dumb trip is over,"

"No way, I am not letting you play FIFA with him," I shake my head as he pouts, "And this trip isn't dumb, it's fun,"

He scoffs, "I'm still pissed you guys won the game,"

I roll my eyes, "That was forever ago, you're so stubborn,"

"I bet I could carry you for longer than Su-ho could carry you,"

"Sure, sure, I believe you," I pat his shoulder.

"That doesn't sound convincing," He stops and looks down at me suspiciously, "I'll prove it," And before I could open my mouth to tell him no he hooks one of his arms under my back and the other under the back of my knees and starts walking. "Time me," I roll my eyes but pull out my phone because I know he won't let this go. I set a 5 minute timer, he watches me and readjusts his hold. He starts walking again and I hook my arms around his neck.

"You're so dramatic," He grins and sticks his tongue out.

"You love me,"

"I beg to differ," I laugh and he stares at me in a way that makes my breath hitch in my throat and my palm sweaty. I hook them together so he doesn't feel it. His eyes flick from my eyes down to my lips and back up, carefully studying my features, his face is so close I could hear his normally steady breathing pattern more rapid and abrupt, I was also pressed against his chest so I could hear his heart beating out of his chest and I bet he could hear my hasty breaths and quick heartbeat. He leans in closer the slightest bit and I tilt my face to the side a bit when my alarm rings and I jerk back and he drops my feet to the floor and I balance myself, laughing awkwardly as he still stares at me intently, this guy needs to understand social cues.