chapter 41

"All that running made me hungry," Soo-ah swung her arm as we were walking back from another annoying PE class. Someone rushes up the stairs and hits Jjoo on the shoulder making her fall on our way up the stairs. "Ya, ImJjoo!" Soo-ah and I crouch down beside her and look at Hye-min who had just shoved her accidentally.

"I-I'm sorry," She gulps and bows her head. Jjoo looks her up and down and stalks away, I give her one last glare before following two of my best friends.

"Ya! Jjoo! Are you okay?" I run after her and link arms with her and she nods but still looks upset. We walk back into class and I glance at Jjoo and frown when I notice her empty neck. "Where's Su-ho's necklace?" I point at her neck and she touches where the necklace normally was, "Did you guys fight?"

She shakes her head, "No, I think I lost it, help me look?" I nod and we both stand up and start looking around the classroom.

"Guys, what's wrong?" Soo-ah skips towards us as we were examining the back of the class.

"I think I lost my necklace," Jjoo subconsciously touches her neck. "Where did I put it? I don't think I took it off,"

"The one you have on everyday?" Soo-ah asks and Jjoo nods. "When did you last see it?"

"Um," Jjoo looks down in thought, "I definitely had it on this morning,"

"Maybe it got lost in PE?" I ask and her eyes widen and she nods appreciatively.

"You think?"

"Come on, let's all look," Soo-ah nods and we exit the classroom and head towards the gym.

"Aish, really, where is this thing?" I collapsed on the floor after a full 30 minutes of looking. "Sit down, take a break,"

"I can't!" Jjoo continues using her flashlight and feeling the floor for it, "Su-ho spent so much money on it, I feel bad," I sigh and lean back on the mats along the bottom of the basketball nets and watch her search in deep concentration.

"As if it would still be here," Seo-jun appears with his full leather jacket and everything and sits down next to me. "Someone probably took it," He tells Jjoo and I slap his thigh.

"Stop being mean, it's probably here, you'll make her sad,"

"She needs to see the reality, it's an expensive Swarovski necklace,"

"Shut it, idiot," I glare at him and he shrugs, "Jjoo, say what," I put my arm around a pouty Jjoo, "I'll buy you the exact same one again and Su-ho won't even notice," I pat her arm and she shakes her head.

"I don't want a new one," She sighs as Seo-jun appears next to the two of us, "Also, it wasn't in the lost and found," She tells Seo-jun. "Besides, I trust the students here,"

"Ohh, check out your pride for the school," Seo-jun laughs and settles his face in his usual smirk. "Because you're the face of it now?"

"Of course not!" Jjoo glares him down, she walks over and pushes me so I bump into Seo-jun and push him over as well, "You two move, you might step on it," She looks back on the floor and continues searching.

"Aish, you have really weird friends," He looks at me as he stumbles.

"You're the one who liked my weird friend," As Seo-jun processed my words I ran in the opposite direction and once he finally did he started chasing after me.

"Ya! Choi Ha-eun! I told you I didn't like her!" He shouts and I turn back towards him just to stick my tongue out teasingly. He catches up to me quite easily and puts his arms around my waist in a back hug like position and lifts me into the air, I struggle against him giggling as he puts me back down and starts tickling me. "Say you're sorry,"