chapter 40

I skip back to my apartment after my class happily when my phone buzzes. Asshole: 'Wait outside your apartment.'

Me: 'No, it's cold,'

Asshole: 'I'll buy you food,'

Me: 'K,'

I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. Actually, like no joke. I stand outside the front lobby of my apartment, hugging myself to warm up against the cold air that continuously blew in my face. A motorcycle finally pulls up in front of me, more air hitting me from the sharp stop the bike took. "Ya, you're late," My teeth chatter.

"Sorry," He pulls his helmet off and shakes his head so his hair puffs up, "You want BBQ?"

"Yes," My anger immediately melts out of my body at the sound of BBQ and I grab my helmet and throw my leg over the back of the motorcycle, "Move faster," I shove his shoulders and he laughs lightly before gripping the bike's handlebars and moving forward quickly. We stopped in front of my favourite BBQ restaurant, the one unnie used to bring us to whenever we came to Korea. "This is my favourite!" I clap excitedly, quickly getting off the bike.

"I know," He smiles at my excitement.

"How?" I narrow my eyes.

"I-seul noona," He shrugs and my eyes widen again.

"You went to see her?" I ask as we walk through the doors of the restaurant together.

He nods,"She's really scary,"

"Yeah, idiot, why'd you go and see her?"

"I wanted to ask her somethings,"

"What?" We sat at a table in the far corner.

"We have to order," He changes the subject and I glare at him but smile quickly as a server appears.

"What would you guys like to eat?" A tall guy asks, looking at the two of us, I look at Seo-jun and he waves, signalling for me to order what I would like.

"We'll have two servings of beef, one of ribs and one of pork and I would also like one kimchi jjigae and one tteokbokki," I recite, smile up at the surprised server and hand him the menu. He nods, knitting his eyebrows together, and leaves.

"You're gonna make me go broke,"

"You offered," I smiled back.

"I swear, how do you eat so much but not gain weight?"

"Fast metabolism," I shrug and he shakes his head, "Anyway, why am I here?"

"I wanted to eat and I didn't wanna eat along,"

"You could've asked you goons, dumb ass," I roll my eyes.

"Oh, right, I forgot," I squinted, there's no way he forgot, I leaned back onto the couch and raised my brow at him, "Alright, alright, I wanted to hang out with you, the Plan, remember?"

I hide my smile, "Ah, right," We sit in comfortable silence for a few seconds, "Why do you like me?" He frowns at me, "Not because I'm, like, insecure or anything, I find myself very hot, you know, but, like, what do you see? When you could have a girl like Jjoo or Soo-jin,"

"What don't you see?" I look at him confused, "You're so funny and so cute and you can always make me laugh and smile and I just like the way you look confused whenever you wake up from a nap and the way you're always looking for the brightside at the worst times and how you're the most loyal friend anyone could ever want and I like your face," I laugh at the last one and lean my head back.

"I like your face too," I say grudgingly and he winks at me, this is too much of an ego boost for his already skyrocketing ego.

"And?"